[REQ] Ignore Files Longer Than

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

PK232

[REQ] Ignore Files Longer Than

Post by PK232 »

Under Tools/Options/Library there is the ability to “ignore files shorter than”. It would be nice if there was also a way of selecting “ignore files longer than” as well.

In addition to music files, I also have audio files of old radio shows from the 40s and early 50s. It would be nice to not have them mixed in with the music. I could do it by a more granular selection of folders, but such an option would be much easier. “Ignoring files larger than” might not work as the radio show recordings have a very low bit rate.

If this has been asked before, my apologies, I did a search on “ignore files longer” and came up empty. Thanks
Peke

Re: [REQ] Ignore Files Longer Than

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can add additional criteria in Music collection that only contain tracks length than 2h.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PK232

Post by PK232 »

@Peke
I assumed that in your statement, “…contain tracks length than 2h.”, “more or less” was omitted between “length” and “than”, and the “2h” could be any value such as 25 minutes.

Based on that assumption I went to “Options/Library/Collections & Views” and could find nothing to do with time. I also looked under a lot of other Options where I thought it might be without success. Lastly I searched in Help Content, the Wiki, and the Knowledge Base, using Music Collection as search terms, and came up empty.

If you could be a little more specific, remembering I am a first time user, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you configure the Music Collection, that's where you're able to add Criteria like Length.
PK232

Post by PK232 »

@Lowlander

It appears that is only for the Gold version, which explains why I could not find it. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that is a Gold feature.