Cast Device Cleanup [#20191]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MyVikes

Cast Device Cleanup [#20191]

Post by MyVikes »

I've reset a few of my legacy Chromecast devices and after doing so i'm finding remnants of this in there initial statues show up in MM5. when i do

Code: Select all

var availablePlayersList = app.sharing.getAvailablePlayers();

console.log("availablePlayersList:", availablePlayersList);
for example see results below with "Chromecast4330":

{
"_persistentID": "SharedList",
"objectType": "sharedlist",
"autoSortString": "",
"data": [
{
"udn": "",
"name": "",
"last_seen": "",
"volume": 1,
"ip": "",
"protocol": ""
},
{
"udn": "Android-2",
"name": "Chromecast4330",
"last_seen": "2023-08-07 13:29:16",
"volume": 1,
"ip": "http://:6466/",
"protocol": "google.cast"
},
]
}

I think these "might" go away eventually but MM5 restarts, PC reboots, etc. isn't doing the trick and i'm wondering there is a trick to forcing a refresh of cast devices that would make them go away immediately.

Thanks!
MyVikes

Re: Cast Device Cleanup

Post by MyVikes »

So, i did a bit of poking around and found a file in the "C:\Users\????\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5" called "persistent.json" where ???? is your user account that is as you might suspect in json format and by the name stores some MM5 values outside of the DB. I found the suspect cast devices there in a section labeled "LAST_REMOTE_PLAYERS"" and removed them after stopping MM5. I then restarted MM5 and they were gone.

But as i mentioned i do think they get cleared out eventually as at least one or two had gone away prior to my trying the above.

This is of course, try at your own risk and i did do a backup of the file before i did this but all seems ok.

Thanks!
jswamp09

Post by jswamp09 »

Similarly, I reset my Google mini speaker. Now MM5 doesn't see it. Rather, it sees the old entry in the Media Sharing under options. I tried editing the persistent.json and removed the entry. No change.

I noticed that the last seen date/time in the Media Sharing under options reads 7/25/2023 (5:49:25 PM). The last seen date in the json file entry reads 2023-08-09 15:48:20. This leads me to think that the data is stored in more than one location.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This should be fixed in 2812, but anyway I added https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20191 to review if MM native function is needed and not manually editing persistent.json.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts