[REQ] Sorting in Android Auto help or feature request....

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Mikey1969

[REQ] Sorting in Android Auto help or feature request....

Post by Mikey1969 »

I'm the proud owner of a car stereo that works with Android Auto wirelessly, and I'm wondering where to ask questions or make feature requests. I'm hoping this is the place.

Anyway, the way my media is organized is that I sort by Album Artist. I have something like 900 albums, dozens of artists, and a ton of compilation albums of different times. By organizing based on 'Album Artist', I can call all of those compilation albums "Various Artists", and then list the single song artists. The problem I run in to is sorting by artist. I have plenty of artists that have their own albums, but are also on compilation albums. I also have a butt load of people with just ONE song, on one of those compilation albums. So my music is a rat's nest when I'm driving, if I want to listen to music.

I haven't found the ability to sort by Album Artist on Android Auto, I was wondering if it's there, and I'm just missing it.

If it isn't there, I would LOVE to make a feature request. I would also like to mention that it is impossible to accurately gauge just how excited I was to see MM work thru Android Auto, so thanks to whoever was responsible. :-)
Lowlander

Re: Android Auto help or feature request....

Post by Lowlander »

There is no sorting in MMA yet, but it's being planned. I'm not sure if Android Auto allows for custom sorting.