Delete songs in MMA and also remove from MMW after sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

1001Musik

Delete songs in MMA and also remove from MMW after sync

Post by 1001Musik »

Translated:
I deleted some songs on the tablet. After a sync with MMW, the songs were transferred back to the tablet. I couldn't find anything about it in the settings.

How do I get MM to delete deleted songs in MMW after the sync in MMW too?
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Peke

Re: Delete songs in MMA and also remove from MMW after sync

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can't. For security reasons you can't delete tracks as if MM server is used for multiple users/devices Deleting track in MM5 would possibly delete it from all other devices or in best case these would not be sync them.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

Okay, I deleted a lot of songs I didn't need while listening through on the tablet. There is also a function for this, which is then pointless for me.
It would have been a nice option not to do everything in MMW, but to sit comfortably with the tablet on the couch and edit the playlists with their songs. After a sync, the change would then be transferred to the PC.

It is exactly my goal to delete the song or songs on all devices because I do not need them.
WiFi Syncing

Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Why do you have music that you don't need? This is what I don't understand. I have all my music collection on my second phone (only used for music). SD cards are cheaper than nothing and MediaMonkey is for music collection. So the function you want goes in the wrong direction (maybe) :-?
MMA 2.0.0.1174 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I have enough CDs with good songs, but there are also many that I don't need or listen to. I don't see the point in keeping them so that they never get played. Besides, they would be played if I created an autoplaylist with different criteria. So I get rid of them so that only what I need remains.
WiFi Syncing

rusty

Post by rusty »

I can see this being really useful especially if MM would get a sync mode that always completely kept multiple devices in sync.

For now, though, the following workaround might be useful: rate the tracks that you want to delete as 1-star. Then when you next sync, the ratings will be in MMW, and you can delete all your one star tracks in MMW.

-Rusty