MMW Playlist Rename doesn't Update in MMA after Synch

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

RickMM

MMW Playlist Rename doesn't Update in MMA after Synch

Post by RickMM »

I renamed a playlist in MMW (5.0.4.2690) but when I wifi synch my MMA (2.0.0.1086) the playlist name didn't update to reflect the new name in MMW.
Lowlander

Re: MMW Playlist Rename doesn't Update in MMA after Synch

Post by Lowlander »

Did you do a wifi or USB Sync?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Note: for this to work, you have to enable Options > Library & Sync > Sync Settings:LocationName > Delete from the device:unselected server files.

Then when you initiate a wifi sync, MMA will prompt you to delete the old playlist and resync the newly named version of it.

Is that option enabled?

-Rusty
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:26 am Did you do a wifi or USB Sync?
WiFi sync

Does USB Sync achieve the desired outcome?
Last edited by RickMM on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

rusty wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:10 pm Note: for this to work, you have to enable Options > Library & Sync > Sync Settings:LocationName > Delete from the device:unselected server files.

Then when you initiate a wifi sync, MMA will prompt you to delete the old playlist and resync the newly named version of it.

Is that option enabled?

-Rusty
This setting is set to "None". Before I change the setting to "unselected server files" can you please advise of the other implications if I were to change it? (what else gets deleted/altered/etc?)(I vaguely recall with MMA1 I didn't have to do this)
rusty

Post by rusty »

To answer your questions:
- USB Sync should behave similarly (but in general, I always recommend Wi-Fi sync over USB sync--it's almost as fast, more reliable, and much more convenient).
- Setting Delete from the device:unselected server files deletes from your device any media files or playlists that exist in the main MMW library that aren't included in the sync list.

I generally always leave the delete library files option enabled and sync something like "all tracks rated 3+ that haven't been played within the last 2 months (limited to 2000)". That way the content on my phone is always fresh. The downside of this approach is that if I browse MMW over UPnP and manually download some tracks, they'll be deleted on the next sync operation (if they haven't been explicitly checked in the sync list).

-Rusty