Sync doesn't show my external SD card anymore

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Sync doesn't show my external SD card anymore

Post by nonob »

Hi,

I use MMA 2 and MMW5 to sync my music from my Windows PC to my external SD card on my Android phone.

Everything was working fine until today: when I click on Sync on my MMA, it ask me to select my server then only show me my internal storage:

I tried to restart my phone, restart MMW, disable, and enable again storage permission for MMA on my phone, but it didn't help.

My SD card is always listed on the devices synchronization list on MMW:

Do you have an idea of the issue?

My MMA version: 2.0.0.1086
My MMW version: 5.0.4.2690

Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
rusty

Re: Sync doesn't show my external SD card anymore

Post by rusty »

Never seen this before ?!

Can you:
1) Submit a debug log (Help > Submit log) and share the log ID here?
2) Restart MMA and if that doesn't help, restart your phone?

Thanks!

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi Rusty,
rusty wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:29 am 1) Submit a debug log (Help > Submit log) and share the log ID here?
Of course, here it is: YH231SBTF9
rusty wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:29 am 2) Restart MMA and if that doesn't help, restart your phone?
I tried to restart MMA, MMW, my smartphone, and my Windows PC: the issue is still here.

MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you try to play tracks of SDcard using phone native File browser and set MMA to play the file?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi Peke,

I don't use the default file explorer on my Motorola Moto G7 Plus, I always use X-Plore File manager, but if I'm right, the default file manager is Files by Google.

Anyway, I tried both to open with MediaMonkey a track stored on my SD card: and it works.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I can see in your log "No space left on device", so it means that the storage is evaluated as read-only.
Free up storage space and then restart MMA
nonob

Post by nonob »

I'm ashamed :oops: , that's right, my SD card was full and I didn't notice :roll: .

I cleaned up and relaunched MMA, the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot