What's New In Version 2

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Driftmoon

Re: What's New In Version 2

Post by Driftmoon »

rednoise wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:13 pm
Driftmoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm 2. The back button control (<) doesn't start a track from the beginning anymore but skips to the previous track. This is very annoying and not common behavior for a music player. The previous version did restart a track.
When i control MMA with my smartwatch or from the lockscreen it does restart a track, skipping to previous requires another press.
Not quite. It seems that if you are close to the beginning of the track and you press the Back button, it goes to the previous track, but if you are a little farther into the track, the Back button takes you to the beginning of that track as it always used to. At least, that's how it behaves on my Pixel phone.
Due to an update this problem has now been resolved!
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Hi,

Is there a way to go to the Looking glass to do a search quickly? When i am playing a track or in a queue i have to go to Home first and then click on the looking glass in the top right to do a search. I don't remmember this taking so many steps in the previous version.
Why is search not right under the leftside panel or under the 3 dots with Sleeptimer and Equalizer ?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On the Playing screen you can swipe down the Playing and then Search from the looking glass.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Thanks for that tip!
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Editing the tags via Properties doesn't take, the changes aren't saved. Is this a known issue?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Driftmoon wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:25 am Editing the tags via Properties doesn't take, the changes aren't saved. Is this a known issue?
MMA still does not have own tagger, but updates library only and sync to MM5 for updates.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Peke wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:26 am
Driftmoon wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:25 am Editing the tags via Properties doesn't take, the changes aren't saved. Is this a known issue?
MMA still does not have own tagger, but updates library only and sync to MM5 for updates.
Do you mean MMA2 doesn't yet have them? Previous MMA version did save the changes, I've used it multiple times.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Neither MMA 1 nor 2 saves any tagging changes to the files themselves. You need to Sync with MMW to have tagging changes saved to the files themselves (by MMW).
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Oke, i think i am confused then with the meaning . You mean i didn't change anything to the file itself, but it did change it within MMA library. Now it doesn't do that either.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build of MMA are you using and are these files stored on the internal or external storage?

So when you edit Properties in MMA, MMA itself fails to show the changes you just made? I can't reproduce, I changed Title and it immediately showed the change in MMA itself.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

I am on 2.0.0.1080 now and the files are on an SD card.
I just managed to change the album info in one track but when i try this in 4 other tracks nothing happens. I can type the changes and when i say oke it looks like its progressing and saving but when i look again under properties everything is still the same. Doesn't matter if i change them one by one or all at the same time.
They are all mp3 files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please send a debug log right after you experience this and reply here with the logID.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Log ID: IBL4KXZ7GH
Description: I tried changing album title but it didn't save.

Oke, i just send it. Let me know if i did something wrong.