Notification desynced with playback. (incorrect current track) [#20010]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Darkassassin07

Notification desynced with playback. (incorrect current track) [#20010]

Post by Darkassassin07 »

While media is playing, the notification in the tray occasionally desynchronizes with playback, displaying the previously played track instead of what's currently playing. The timestamps match the current track however (current position and total length).

I can trigger this sometimes by starting a playlist/album, then using the next/previous track buttons in app or in the notification a few times, but not very consistently. Having a hard time pinning down exactly how to reproduce this. LMK if you need more from me.

Media Monkey for Android V2.0.0.1076
Android v13 on a Samsung A52
rusty

Re: Notification desynced with playback. (incorrect current track)

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. This should be resolved in build 1079. Can you update and let us know if it solves the problem?

If it still occurs after updating, can you submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Darkassassin07

Post by Darkassassin07 »

I've updated to that version: I can no longer reproduce this by using the next/previous buttons within the app directly however; I can start a track, then open the notification tray and press next/previous there to get the same incorrect track name behavior. If I then press pause, the track name updates to the correct one.

Log ID: AQD6KTMRIL
Description: Incorrect track name in notification.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks--I'm able to replicate, but only if I aggressively click NEXT / BACK randomly numerous times, and even then it only occurs on occasion. i.e.

1 Initiate playback in MediaMonkey and then switch to some other app
2 Pull down the notifications drawer
3 Press the NEXT / BACK buttons in the OS Player notification randomly numerous times
--> Playback seems to 'fall behind' the clicks, and spends several seconds after there's been no user interaction going back/forward through tracks. Occasionally when this this occurs, Artwork/metadata that is displayed gets out of sync with that of the playing track.

After the error occurs, it self-corrects once the next track starts playing (or by pressing Pause/Next/Back).

Is this what you're experiencing? Or can the bug be triggered much more easily for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty

Note: tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20010
Darkassassin07

Post by Darkassassin07 »

It's much easier to trigger for me.

Every time I start playback and immediately open the tray + press next or previous, the song name+art stays the same, but the next track plays. It then stays out of sync by one track regardless how many more I go forward or back or how long I wait. Pressing pause updates it to the correct current track.

Looking further, this behavior is much less prominent, almost rare, when the app is in the background. (while I'm looking at another app or the home screen). If it's the currently displayed app, it's consistently as above every time I try.

Probably why I hadn't noticed it for a while, then when I started looking for it it seemed to happen constantly.
Darkassassin07

Re: Notification desynced with playback. (incorrect current track) [#20010]

Post by Darkassassin07 »

Just a small update:

I've noticed over the last few days that this doesn't require user input to trigger the desync.

Just start playing music and when the first song ends, the next track starts but the notification does not update. Pressing pause will still update the notification to the correct current track. Pressing next or allowing the current track to finish starts the next one but keeps the notification desynced by one track. (notification updates to the track that just finished upon starting the next one)

This happens regardless of whether the app is in the foreground or background and regardless of whether the device is locked or not.