Ripping Part of a CD

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Hexad Tom

Ripping Part of a CD

Post by Hexad Tom »

My collection has lots of CDs with multiple albums on the same CD or set of CDs. I want to separate these into individual albums on my PC and in Media Monkey (4). While I am doing this, I want to create a physical file folder for each album, rip that part of the CD to that folder, and change the format (to FLAC), the artist & album artist (to last, first), to insure proper sorting and consistancy), and the album name. I also manually changed the track number of each individual track on the second album on the CD.
I tried changing the info in the destination mask in the rip dialog, but that didn't work well and I don't know what to try to rip only part of a CD.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tommy
Lowlander

Re: Ripping Part of a CD

Post by Lowlander »

You can select which files on the CD to Rip, and if the Album, Track# are changed before ripping it should rip to that location based on the mask.
Hexad Tom

Post by Hexad Tom »

I must have done something wrong, because I changed the mask and it still posted to the other location and registered in MM as the old artist.
Tommy
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Feel free to attach a screenshot of the Rip dialog showing what you're doing.

What Mask are you using?
Hexad Tom

Post by Hexad Tom »

I don't have the dialogue any more. I replaced the <Artist> and <Album Artist> with <Atkins, Chet>.
Oh, I see. I should not have left the <> around the Atkins, Chet. I didn't do enough work with HTML before I retired. I'll try it again tomorrow.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is not HTML based, but MediaMonkey Masks are enclosed in <>.