Hello I need help with SD card permissions [#19887]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

KthugS

Re: Hello I need help with SD card permissions [#19887]

Post by KthugS »

After creating the library data by deleting all media files on the sd card and re-downloading it through the wi-fi sync, I haven't found any other problems so far.

I updated to 1076
Still no issues found and the sync works fine.

Now what I need to check is whether the mma initial scanning creates the library database correctly.

After doing a clean reset of mma, I allowed the folders and permissions mma required.
And now library scanning is expected to take about 7 hours to complete.

If this works correctly, I think all problems will be solved.
Thanks.
KthugS

Post by KthugS »

Unfortunately the library database created by mma initial scanning is still unreliable.

The same problem as before still occurs.
1. It is the same song, but only the title and track artist are the same, and other metadata such as album name, album artist, artwork, and file location are different.
However, mma displays the same artwork.

2. The file already exists on the sd card, but download it again during wi-fi sync to create a copy.

Currently, in order to create a reliable library database that does not cause the above problems, all media files must be deleted and all newly downloaded via wi-fi sync.
Only the library database created at this time works correctly when using mma's functions.

I have one more question
I am using the settings in this screenshot

After wi-fi sync or mma initial scanning, the artwork folder is created under "/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/".
Looking at the size of each file in the folder, it seems that they are extracted and stored from the metadata of the original file rather than simply cached. Is this intended?
It is about hundreds of megabytes in total, and this extraction process seems to affect the slow scanning.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
KthugS wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:11 am I am using the settings in this screenshot
Personally I would enable Copy Artwork to file tags and leave all others as is.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just an aside for anyone coming across this thread. For users that are seeing the 'permission denied' error for the SD card on certain devices, we've just updated the following article that describes a workaround:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-sd-card/

-Rusty