MMA will not start, requires permission

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Angrycustomer

MMA will not start, requires permission

Post by Angrycustomer »

Hi

The MediaMonkey app, on my phone (Samsung A53 5G Android 13) latest version 2.00.1073, now shows a message saying "to use media monkey please give it access to your media files", with two options marked "continue" or "exit". Pressing "continue" just gets a blank page.

In the MMA app settings page permissions are given for "Music and Audio "and also "Photos and Videos", and the SD card on which the music library is stored is accessible to the file manager app. Uninstallig and reinstalling the app does not help.

On a friend's phone, with the same version of MMA, there was a screen that came up saying "Mediamonkey needs access to the mediamonkey settings folder. This folder is used for USB synchronisation with older versions of Mediamonkey for Windows. Please grant access to proceed". This then went to some kind of browser screen and a splash message that said "allow MediaMonkey to access files in Mediamonkey" , and then a further screen asking to access photos and media.

This sequence is not available on the my phone, where the app just stops at "to use media monkey please give it access to your media files", and a blank follow-up screen.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

David.
rusty

Re: MMA will not start, requires permission

Post by rusty »

Hi David,

There have been a few permission-related fixes in beta build 1074. Can you let me know if it resolves this issue (I doubt it because it sounds like a UI issue, but perhaps....) ?

To test out MMA 2 beta builds, in MMA, tap Options | About | Register for test builds. Once you're registered, then your next update will be to the MMA beta build. To trigger the update right away, go to MediaMonkey in the Play store and click 'Update'.

Thanks for your patience.

-Rusty
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I found crashlog from device samsung a52xq (Galaxy A52 5G).
This bug could also be related to your issue and cause your described scenario.
I have fixed it to the next build 2.0.0.1076.
Angrycustomer

Post by Angrycustomer »

Hi Rusty, Martin

Unfortunately it is not possible to register for test builds inside the app as MMA does not start properly and stalls at the permissions screen. is there a way to register for test builds outside of MMA?

D.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can do so in the Play Store as well: viewtopic.php?t=89969