Is there such a thing as a "Dynamic Playlist"?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Roemerli

Post by Roemerli »

I would like to get a playlist of all artists who have played the title "Maiden Voyage" for example. The playlist should automatically complete itself, if I have added an album in MM5 and on these is the title.
Quasi a saved search that updates with call.

Thanks for tips on how I can get something like this.
yarguy

Re: Is there such a thing as a "Dynamic Playlist"?

Post by yarguy »

Have you looked at what an AutoPlaylist does? https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Using_AutoPlaylists
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Yes, use an Auto-Playlist.

On MMW's top bar menu, select Edit/New AutoPlaylist
  • on the line that states Match / All / of the following criteria, tap the + icon and from the pop-up menu, choose Title (an additional line appears)
  • the additional line reads Title contains and then has a blank field. In the blank field, type in Maiden Voyage, then tap your keyboard's Enter key
  • rename your Playlist (it's just above the criteria and will currently state - New AutoPlaylist -
The job is complete and all existing songs containing those words will now be in that Playlist. Any songs containing those words in the title that you subsequently add to your Library will be automatically added to the Playlist[/list]

Just so you know, these AutoPlaylists are dynamic in MMW, but not in MMA. When copied to MMA, the Playlist on the device is static (while continuing to be updated in MMW), but at each Sync with the MMW library, it will be updated with any changes in MMW.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Roemerli

Post by Roemerli »

Thank's a lot. Perfect :D