Device sync not moving files to new MMA directory when tags/Masks changes in File Location

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

rwieczor84

Device sync not moving files to new MMA directory when tags/Masks changes in File Location

Post by rwieczor84 »

Hi!

My first sync from MMW to MMA android went well (from Sync list I marked only one small folder to test), but I decided that the File Locations Mask setup wasn't perfect. So I changed some folders and Masks in the MMW - Sync Profile - File Location. Unfortunatelly after Sync my music files in the Device stays in their old folder. Files don't change directory to new one marked with new Masks File Location. MMA creates new folders but there are no files inside. I can't figur out how to sync files so they will move to new File Location.

I have marked on: "Enforce use of the sync mask for files already on device".
When I add second folder to Sync list - the new File Location in the device contains all files from second folder but first folder still remains in old File Location.

I need to deleted all the files from the Device, then start new sync - then files goes to the new File Location.
That's not perfect because I have tones of files and in future I may need to change Masks in File Location or Tags and I don't want to delete and start over.

MMW - 5.0.4.2690, Windows 11
MMA - 1.4.4.0956, Android 12

Any solution? Thanks :)
MMA - 2.0.0.1077, Android 12
Peke

Re: Device sync not moving files to new MMA directory when tags/Masks changes in File Location

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As first start you should update to MMA 2.0 Beta by going thru steps at ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Register for beta. There is number of fixes to improve Sync and destination mask behavior.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rwieczor84

Re: Device sync not moving files to new MMA directory when tags/Masks changes in File Location

Post by rwieczor84 »

Thank you Peke, I updated my MMAndroid to 2.0.
I gave access to all folders with Music.
Problem is still there - directory in my mobile of specific file don't change after File Location Masks changes or even after Tag changes in MMW.
MMA - 2.0.0.1077, Android 12