Copy Artist tag to Album Artist tag

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

TheEmpathicEar

Copy Artist tag to Album Artist tag

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

https://nsaneforums.com/topic/438585-va ... t-of-2023/ This is an example of a collection where the Album Artist tag is empty for all (or most) of the tracks. I thought I read somewhere here about a way to copy the Artist tag to the Album Artist tags for all tracks in an album?
EDIT: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/ looks good. Where do you download it [on your hard drive] or does it matter? And, how do you install it?
EDIT2: Apparently, you download the *.mmip file anywhere. Double-click on it. If MM5 is running, it will install immediately. If MM5 is not running, it will start MM5 and then install the plug-in.
EDIT3: Finally, for a collection like this, Album Artist should really be "Various", Various Artists", etc. This will gather all the tracks on one folder and one entry in album view in MM5
Lowlander

Re: Copy Artist tag to Album Artist tag

Post by Lowlander »

TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

One final mystery with this collection. In Windows Explorer, I can see that the Artist tag is filled in. But, after adding the collection to MM5, when I check the Artist field, it is blank? I only found out after syncing to MMA. After this, all Artist tags were "Unknown Artist"??
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What File Type(s) are the files and which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? The problem could be tag corruption that prevents MediaMonkey from reading the file. A sample send to Support would be helpful.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:27 pm What File Type(s) are the files and which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? The problem could be tag corruption that prevents MediaMonkey from reading the file. A sample send to Support would be helpful.
File types are MP3s. Help>About is 5.0.4.2690 In MM5, I might just delete the album from both media library and folder. It might be interesting to start over and see if anything is different?
EDIT: I just noticed something in Windows Explorer. "Contributing Artist" is at the top and is sortable, but not "Artist"? However, if you check any one individual MP3, "Artist" is filled in?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I just re-did the entire process. Now, Artist tag is filled in as it should be. No idea what I did differently the first time