Track Count in Folders is Very High

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Track Count in Folders is Very High

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Great to have a new major version of MMA.

I am using the most recent build 1055 on two different Android devices. Both have very high track numbers after clicking Folders and under Library / SD card / Music row. I can not find specific mention of this in "Known Issues".

On the Android 12 mobile phone, MMA suggests I have 442641 tracks when selecting Folders and looking at the Library / Disk rows. However, if I click this row, it then shows the correct count of "Music 21077 Tracks". [This device has a 512 GB SDXC and so this represents ALL of my 1186 Playlists].

On the Android 11 tablet, MMA suggests I have 221747 tracks but MMW 2690 shows 18456 when the device is connected by USB. [This device has a 256 GB SDXC and is a subset of my Playlists - excluding my non-album / auto playlists].

Other than this, the update from 1.4.5.0960 has gone well. A few error logs were sent with 1054 but no issues spotted with 1055.

I note that 1.4.5.0960 had a similar exaggeration of the tracks. Both these devices migrated from 1.4.5.0960 to 2.0.0.1054 and then 1055.

Since the number is wrong - and because an accurate number can be obtained from "Tracks" - perhaps the information can be removed from this particular screen?

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
rusty

Re: Track Count in Folders is Very High

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Can you confirm: when you mention the 'Folders' node, are you referring to e.g. Music > Location tab? For me, the number of tracks in the Music > Tracks tab matches the number of tracks in Music > Location > /Internal shared storage/Music

(I'm asking because I don't see an indicator of the number of tracks in the 'Folders' nodes).

Thanks!

-Rusty
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Rusty, here is a screen shot from the Sony xPeria 5 IV:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... Q?e=sVIhZa

and a little video clip from my Samsung Tab S5E:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... A?e=3RPplN
Ian Taylor
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the screencap/video--that clarifies.

So I understand that on your Android 12 phone, when you navigate to Folders > Library, MMA indicates that you have 442641 tracks. When you tap that storage location and MMA shows that you have "Music 21077 Tracks" does it show a bunch of other tracks for Movies, Video, Podcasts, or Classical ?

Since I'm unable to replicate this, would you mind saving a log and sharing it with us privately via our helpdesk? You would do this as follows:
Hamburger menu > Help > Send logs > Save (not send)
That'll save a copy of your DB so that we can better analyze what's going on.

Thanks!

-Rusty

p.s. Sorry for the late response--just got back from holidays.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I got to analyze your saved_UserLog_3PZ9BSICBX.zip.
Unfortunately due to an MMA bug, the database is missing.
Can you save a new log with the latest build? Thank you very much.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Martin,

I removed MMA2 from the particular device so I am not able to send a log.

As I recall, the disparity in the actual tracks and MMA track count reduced a little each time I did a WiFi sync.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor