Displaying only Album Artist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Scott Cserep

Displaying only Album Artist

Post by Scott Cserep »

Hi,
I am using 5.04.2690
I edited all my metadata using AudioRanger. About 42,000 songs.

I did this on an external USB drive and verified it imported correctly into Media Monkey the way I wanted.

All "Album Artists" and "Artists" tags were "LastName, FirstName" & "Name, The", etc...
For Various Albums, I used a Generic Name for for Album Artist.
For example, the "Now Music Collections" I used "Now Music" as Album Artist, not Various.
This placed all the Albums in a "Now Music" Album Artist folder if I searched "Now Music"
I could also find a specific Artist on a compilation that was the "Artist", because the Artist was left as the canonical name.

This all worked perfectly until I moved the folders to a NAS drive.
If I look at the individual song .FLAC metadata, the metadata is all in tact and correct.
I disconnected the USB drive and have that off-line now.
I cleared the MediaMonkey database and rescanned the NAS drive.

Now when I open "Artist", it pulls in every combination of Artist Names, Composers and Artists.

Is there a way to create a filter that is only the "Album Artist"?
I've tried creating a custom, but is doesn't seem to work.

Thanks In Advance.

Scott C.
Peke

Re: Displaying only Album Artist

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Scott Cserep wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 pm I cleared the MediaMonkey database and rescanned the NAS drive.
I really hope that you have Backup of your MM5.DB?
If you have just restore that -> Select all files that were on USB -> File -> Locate Moved/Missing Tracks -> Point to NAS and take a break (how long it depends on your LAN bandwidth+NAS Speed+Number of files) an dif you copied files from USB including their structure you should be safe.

You have Tree nodes for each category eg. Contributing Artist (Track Artist), Album Artist, Composer and they will show only those.

Edit: Artists is designed to search thru all ARTISTS Values and their iterations in tag fields.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Displaying only Album Artist

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that the tags in the files are shown wrong in MediaMonkey or that the Media Tree node Artists has the wrong values shown? It sounds like the latter in which case you want to use the Contributing artists (Artists only) node instead of the Artists node.