MMA2 + Android Auto artwork bug upon launch

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

doney6012

MMA2 + Android Auto artwork bug upon launch

Post by doney6012 »

Version specs:
MMA 2.0.0.1054
Android Auto 8.6.625004 (latest Beta) with Coolwalk enabled on Nokia X20 with Android 13 with 5 November 2022 security update, 9,626 music files stored on SD Card (plus associated cover art)

Since upgrading to the MMA2 beta the first song that plays doesn't show artwork on Android Auto. Artwork will appear upon another track beginning, whether that's manually skipping, selecting, or letting the current track play through for the next one to begin.
I'm not sure if this is an AA Coolwalk issue, but I've been using AA Coolwalk for about a month now with the stable version of MMA 1.X and the bug has only appeared since moving to MMA2.

So far, that minor bug is the only issue I've had on Android Auto. This update is incredible, and though I'm still coming to terms with some changes (placement of options, or toggles etc.) it shows that you guys have put in an immense amount of work and it's all for the better.
rusty

Re: MMA2 + Android Auto artwork bug upon launch

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback.

We'll have a look to see if there's anything obvious re. the album art issue.

btw, does the source of the initial track make a difference? e.g. whether you play tracks from a Genre vs a Playlist?

-Rusty
doney6012

Re: MMA2 + Android Auto artwork bug upon launch

Post by doney6012 »

rusty wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:06 am btw, does the source of the initial track make a difference? e.g. whether you play tracks from a Genre vs a Playlist?
From what I've experienced it doesn't seem to make a difference, but I'll keep a closer eye on specifics next time I drive.