Problems updating to MMA 2 Beta

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Problems updating to MMA 2 Beta

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

That was disappointing. I am a beta tester. I saw version 2.x in my update list. [It stated support for Android 13 which I have on my S22+] I updated. The version number after the update is still 1.4.5 0960. And... when I look in the Play Store it no long presents v2.x?? What the hell is going on??
rusty

Re: Problems updating to MMA 2 Beta

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I suspect that the problem was related to it being a 'staged rollout'. I increased the % of users to whom the beta is available to so hopefully you'll be able to upgrade now.

Please let me know if it solves the problem. Thanks!

-Rusty
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Yes. I was able to update to v2.x. Immediately after updating and starting for the first time, there was A LOT of GRANTing access to folders. And, there was a LOT of scanning. My Music folder is in the root, /storage/emulated/0/Music The MediaMonkey folder is also in the root, /storage/emulated/0/MediaMonkey. NOTE: The Music folder is not within the scope of the MediaMonkey folder. Is this OK? Under "Folders" in MMA, there is LIbrary, Internal storage/Music and Files,. Internal storage. Is this OK?

Finally, should this question/post be in the other thread?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Glad to hear that the update was successful!

As to granting permissions: there's a lot of granting required depending on how many folders you use. This is in line with security requirements on the latest SDKs which are more granular. As to the /Music folder not being within the hierarchy of the /MediaMonkey folder, that's fine and expected so long as you granted permissions to each (the /Music folder is a shared folder that can also be used by other music apps while the /MediaMonkey folder is usually for the MMA database).

As to whether you need to open a new thread, generally it's preferable to create a new thread for a separate subject so that other users can easily find/benefit from the information.

-Rusty