App Feature Requests

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mp3_till_death

App Feature Requests

Post by mp3_till_death »

Hi there,
I'm pretty new to this app still, so I apologize if I'm re-requesting things that people already ask for all the time. I'm switching over to MM on Android as my default mediaplayer app, it's just too convenient with the Wifi sync to not use.

However, the app feels pretty clunky to me, in particular there are two features I'm missing dearly.

A shuffle button on the now playing screen. The now playing screen as a whole has a ton of free real estate, and being able to enable or disable shuffle from the song I'm currently listening to would be great.

The other is a lock screen media controller. Just something simple to pause and skip songs from my phone's lockscreen.

I'm by no means a programmer, and lord knows how difficult these things would be to implement, but I figured I'd mention em. All in all, the app works great and I'm super happy to be using it.
Lowlander

Re: App Feature Requests

Post by Lowlander »

1) Shuffle and Repeat are available on the Now Playing when you tap the Artwork.

2) What setting do you have for Show in notification bar? It should allow you to play/pause from notification on the lock screen.
mp3_till_death

Post by mp3_till_death »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:19 pm 1) Shuffle and Repeat are available on the Now Playing when you tap the Artwork.

2) What setting do you have for Show in notification bar? It should allow you to play/pause from notification on the lock screen.
Found the shuffle and repeat buttons on album artwork, thanks for that tip!
I have it set to 3 minutes in notifications bar. I have my lockscreen set to not show notifications because it makes it so cluttered, the last media player app I used had an option to display the song and skip buttons on lockscreen without using notifications, although I have no idea how that works. I get having notifications disabled on lockscreen isn't super common, so it's probably a very niche feature request.

Thanks for the help!
mp3_till_death

Post by mp3_till_death »

mp3_till_death wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:32 pm
Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:19 pm 1) Shuffle and Repeat are available on the Now Playing when you tap the Artwork.

Found the shuffle and repeat buttons on album artwork, thanks for that tip!
I have it set to 3 minutes in notifications bar. I have my lockscreen set to not show notifications because it makes it so cluttered, the last media player app I used had an option to display the song and skip buttons on lockscreen without using notifications, although I have no idea how that works. I get having notifications disabled on lockscreen isn't super common, so it's probably a very niche feature request.

Thanks for the help!
To expand on this, I enabled notifications in lockscreen and limited it to "alert notifications only". My hope was that by muting all the notifications for the things that are always in my notification bar (like my weather app) and leaving mediamonkey as the only one not set to "deliver quietly" would mean MM would be the only thing to show up on the lockscreen, but it didn't work, MM didn't show up.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How this works likely depends on both Android version and whatever the device manufacturer has customized on top of that.