tablet plays wrong music.

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

tablet plays wrong music.

Post by terryo »

MMA plays the wrong songs. The connection between what is listed in the
Play lists and what plays is wholly gone. I tried dozens of tracks on multiple play lists. This is downright bizarre.

This is only on my Tab S. MMA on my S10 phone is working fine.

How do I correct what seems like database pointer errors on my tablet?
terryo

Re: tablet plays wrong music.

Post by terryo »

I tried multiple syncs. I tried rebuilding the MM5 PC database. Then more syncs. I tried reboots between some resyncs.

As I ran through this, I noticed the tablet's assortment of playlists changed between syncs even though the selected playlists for the tablet in MM5 is untouched.

I also noticed that some newly added songs sometimes appear on a playlist, but when I tried to play them, MMA started skipping down the list of tracks. And then I noticed it would stop. The program was in some sort of loop and wouldn't let me paused, change screens or select a different song well down the playlist.

I also see the hoop snake twirls endlessly, never resolving.

Help!
terryo

Post by terryo »

Ooops, I meant it does NOT stop. It continues down the playlist at about 1 second per song playing nothing, incapable of being deflected. All I could do was close the app.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is same behavior as with MM on Windows eg. grayed tracks. Try to use smaller playlist and after it stops use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey Send logs to send us log and do not forget to writedown log id here so that we know what to search in it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

MMA doesn't crash, which is the only way I've sent logs before. As far as I know there isn't a debug version, which I could start and then send logs, as I regularly do with MMW problems.

As of this morning the tablet is still not gathering all the songs in the playlists, especially the new ones. Many files have no icon and flash an "inaccessible" message when I try to play them. The tablet is a Galaxy Tab S (SM-T800) running Android 6.0.1 and all updates are current. It has never given us problems until recently. Our other tablet, a Galaxy Tab A (SM-T510) running Android 11 has never had MMA issues at all, nor have our Samsung S9, S10 or our older Note 4 phones.

I downsized the largest playlist, which was around 2200 songs to about 800. It makes no difference. MMA is still malfunctioning. In the past, I've had playlists over 3000 songs and they have never given me trouble on any of our devices.

If there was a 'rebuild database' function in MMA, I'd try that. Or I'd reload a fresh copy of MMA, but unlike the PC, I don't know how to be sure the tablet has been cleansed of all bits of MMA so I can start fresh.

Even though the user interface on MMA is old and stale and lacking key features (like showing which playlist you are currently in or returning to our search results rather than being forced to search again), we still use it heavily. It is the key to our enjoyment of MediaMonkey. I use MMW as the maintenance program and we do 90% of our listening on the portable devices.
terryo

Post by terryo »

OMG. I never thought about the age of the tablets. We can end this thread. I just ordered an S6 tablet to replace the ancient one on which MMA is floundering. My apologies for taking up your time.