Cannot find current MM.DB

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

huge

Cannot find current MM.DB

Post by huge »

This is moderately embarrassing, but I cannot find my current (MMW4) database file. I just did a search on every hard drive in my system, and the most recent MM.DB I can find is almost 5 years old, and THAT is in the Backup folder written to by the Backup extension/plugin I have running (so yeah, I've been backing up that 5-year-old file for the past 5 years). I've also looked for a mediamonkey.ini file to see if I might have relocated my MM.DB to a different name/place, but so far no luck. I believe I have visibility on all hidden files etc.

Is there a registry entry that points to the location MMW4 uses?

[EDIT: For extra frustration I searched every drive for *.DB ... I can see the 4 exact copies of MM.DB in my backups folders and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mediamonkey\, and those are the only .DB files anywhere near that big (163M). Even if I ignore size there is nothing more recent that looks like it might be a MM4 Database file]
Lowlander

Re: Cannot find current MM.DB

Post by Lowlander »

For database location please se: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/

When you search for mm.db (or mm5.db for MediaMonkey 5) make sure you include hidden files in the search.
Peke

Re: Cannot find current MM.DB

Post by Peke »

Also please check "%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" as it is possibly you can find parts of MM there.

If Yes I suggest that you close all MM processes move everything MM related out of that folder and then use it for searching for MM.DB because it is MS virtualization space often known to be buggy (at least with MM).

You can find many many examples from many apps in this search https://www.google.com/search?q=Windows ... 8&oe=utf-8
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts