Artwork Driving Me Crazy

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

ifishnc

Artwork Driving Me Crazy

Post by ifishnc »

Someone please help a newbie geriatric deal with this!!
I am obsessive about having the correct album art on every album in my very large collection. When I scan an album into MM5 and go to Properties Artwork Lookup Image and the correct album cover is found, everything works fine. I store the artwork .jpg in the album's folder. Every album folder contains a file named "folder.jpg" containing the artwork.
The problem I have is when MM5 does not find the correct album cover. When this happens I go on the web and find the cover art. Discogs is a good source. I save the .jpg file to the appropriate file folder and name it "folder.jpg". Then when I open the Artwork app I BROWSE to locate the "folder.jpg" file in the correct album folder.
THIS IS WHERE I NEED INSTRUCTION HELP.
When I save the file I browsed to, MM saves the file as "folder 2", leaving the original "folder" file in place. I don't want this to happen. HOW CAN I JUST GET MM TO ACCESS THE THE ART FILE AND PLUG IT IN?
Often the program comes back with a file named "Album Name Location.THM" I don't know what a THM file is.
Please help an old man stay sane.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Artwork Driving Me Crazy

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi fishnc,

Under Tools / Options / Library, do you have Scan File Directories for Artwork checked?

Under Tools / Options / Tags & Playlists do you have Artwork / Image Location set to Save Image To Tag (and folder)?

I also prefer the "first image per Album / Series" to be folder.jpg AND leave Format for Multiple Images blank.

Under Tools / Options / Metadata lookup I have both Artist Images AND Artwork checked but I prefer not to update tags.

Finally, make sure that the image type is set to Cover(Front). This can be seen using the File Properties. You should see "Stored in Tag" on one of normally two images.

If working with File Properties, try whenever possible try to work on ALL files in an album at one time!

Use the "File To Edit" sub-node to show Unknown Artwork and Inconsistent Artwork. I find it best to use the Music node to drill down from.

It has taken me quite a while, but I now get ALL my sync'd files, playlists etc. with a correct image on my devices. My objective was to have each album with just one front cover image saved to both the file tag and the folder. (Images for Artists / Composers / Publishers for another day!).

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Artwork Driving Me Crazy

Post by Lowlander »

If you add Artwork externally to MediaMonkey you should Scan the files again to pick up any Artwork saved in the files directories.