MM4 reverted to non-Gold version on me...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Em_Dash

MM4 reverted to non-Gold version on me...

Post by Em_Dash »

I've had a Lifetime license for, geez, over a decade now.

I tried MM5 when it first appeared, but went back to MM4 and am still using it. (I'm on 4.1.31.1919 at the moment.)

I've always installed new versions of 4 as they come out. Never had any problem installing and still having Gold features unlocked with my Lifetime license.

I have not upgraded to a new version in quite a while, but I use MM4 nearly every day.

This morning I discovered I no longer have the Gold features unlocked. I wasn't able to edit an AutoPlaylist that I created (and edited several times) yesterday. After getting the error message trying to edit that playlist, I noticed that I have the 'MediaMonkey Gold' menu in the menu bar, which is new today.

I don't have my original license nor the original purchase number. (It's been a long time!) I already tried using the MyCommerce support site, but it looks like my purchase is so old that it predates that. I've searched every backup I have and my email... No dice.

I have no idea why my license would have suddenly disappeared. Nothing unusual happened yesterday. No crashes or anything like that. No Windows updates or anything else.

Has this happened to anyone else? Honestly I don't even mind paying for _another_ Lifetime license at this point. I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of my original purchase after this many years. I just don't want to do that if there's something else going on that will cause a new license to randomly disappear as well.

Whether or not I recover my original license or pay for a new one... I just want to figure out what the heck happened so it can be prevented from happening again!

I do intend to eventually move to MM5, but I'm not in a hurry, and I've been very happy with 4 all these years. I haven't even changed anything in a long time.

Anybody have a similar experience or an idea of what might have happened?
Lowlander

Re: MM4 reverted to non-Gold version on me...

Post by Lowlander »

On MediaMonkey 4 this wasn't uncommon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/

Did you loose other settings or just the License?

Contact Support with as many details about your purchase as possible to see if they can assist: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support
Em_Dash

Re: MM4 reverted to non-Gold version on me...

Post by Em_Dash »

No settings lost, library is still fine, etc. Whew. I know I have backups of everything in the library and settings, but I'm glad to be spared the trouble of rebuilding all that stuff!

It looks like just the license is gone.

I don't run any registry cleaners or anything like that. Just nightly incremental backups (which copy things but never delete anything). Hm... I guess I can look through my recent registry backups and see if anything changed there and possibly recover my license that way.

I'll contact support regardless... Thanks for the reply.