video not in full screen mode

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: video not in full screen mode

Post by Peke »

gordol wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:23 pm I was finally able to find an inexpensive video card, and then a low-profile slot adapter, and install today. An AMD Radeon HD 7450 (now with the VGA socket removed).

Re-upgraded to MMW5 and this issue has gone away.

I wish the OP luck. This is a hardware issue.
Great to hear that aprox 11 USD dedicated GPU helped (Maybe you could get better one eg. Radeon HD 8490, I started to doubt myself after not receiving feedback ;)

Happy Monkeying!

EDIT: It is a shame that intel was newer been capable of creating good integrated GPU. I really hope that new iris generation will fix that. Especially as many AMD engineers switched to Intel some years ago when AMD/Intel cooperation on on Hybrid PCU+GPU was in work.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gordol

Post by gordol »

Peke wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:03 am Great to hear that aprox 11 USD dedicated GPU helped (Maybe you could get better one eg. Radeon HD 8490, I started to doubt myself after not receiving feedback ;)
The delay was first, the specific card you initially suggested was unavailable by the time I actually went to buy it, then it took some time to find one that didn't cost $200+. Only to then realize that it's a full-height bracket and I have a low-profile case so I had to get a compatible bracket...
EDIT: It is a shame that intel was newer been capable of creating good integrated GPU. I really hope that new iris generation will fix that. Especially as many AMD engineers switched to Intel some years ago when AMD/Intel cooperation on on Hybrid PCU+GPU was in work.
My other desktop, which is a year or two older, has Intel integrated graphic and that one works just fine as-is. Same brand PC, board and CPU. *shrug*
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
gordol wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 am My other desktop, which is a year or two older, has Intel integrated graphic and that one works just fine as-is. Same brand PC, board and CPU. *shrug*
Not sure why but UHD 530/630 make so much issues while HD 4000/5000 do not and never did.
Best regards,
Peke
DarkLBP

Post by DarkLBP »

I just got the same issue.
Seems MediaMonkey has issues with resolutions with HIDPI (screen scaling) in windows enabled.
A workaround for this issue that worked for me is right clicking MediaMonkey, Compatibility tab, and enable the option "Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by" and choose "Application".
The next time you open the application the video should fill the entire window.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmmm.... Interesting. I do not have any PC to confirm, but are you able to replicate issue and fix multiple times in repeat or afte rchange it was fixed and you can't replicate anymore?
Best regards,
Peke
DarkLBP

Post by DarkLBP »

Peke wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:15 pm Hmmm.... Interesting. I do not have any PC to confirm, but are you able to replicate issue and fix multiple times in repeat or afte rchange it was fixed and you can't replicate anymore?
Yes, I can replicate the issue.
I also found out that installing a third party codec pack fixes the issue as well, so the issue seems to be related to the default codecs.
Here I uploaded a video showing the issue and both fixes (disabling hidpi application scaling and installing a third party codec pack).
The site where I uploaded it is Youtube and the URI is https://youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xd0w8MBHU
gordol

Post by gordol »

DarkLBP wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 am Yes, I can replicate the issue.
I also found out that installing a third party codec pack fixes the issue as well, so the issue seems to be related to the default codecs.
Here I uploaded a video showing the issue and both fixes (disabling hidpi application scaling and installing a third party codec pack).
The site where I uploaded it is Youtube and the URI is https://youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xd0w8MBHU
This tracks with the solution and reasoning it was given to me for how I eventually addressed it: the video drivers associated with the onboard video of that computer and the change in how MM5 outputs video compared to MM4.