We lost the "bomb" rating! [#19522]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Vote for Bomb specific Skin!!!

Poll ended at Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Yes, I want BOMB ICON BACK and not 0 STARS
72%
No, I do not care about BOMB Rating 0 STARS is Same just different ICON/Representation
28%

Total votes: 18

Toemmel

We lost the "bomb" rating! [#19522]

Post by Toemmel »

Some thousands of my songs got a "bomb" rating in MM4. In my case this symbolizes double songs.

But this is not longer possible in MM5.

For me this is a fatal blow for the transfer of my music collection to MM5 and I can stop all activities now...

PLEASE give us the "bomb" option back!
Lowlander

Re: We lost the "bomb" rating!

Post by Lowlander »

Bomb still exists as zero rating. Right click a file and select Rating zero stars.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

"zero rating" is no rating. It's a sign for "untouched" songs!

"bomb rating" is an active decision not to assign any scaled star rating or to put the song away (by keeping it in the collection)
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Toemmel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:03 am "zero rating" is no rating. It's a sign for "untouched" songs!
It IS at first simply a number. It MEANS TO YOU what you made about it.
Toemmel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:03 am "bomb rating" is an active decision not to assign any scaled star rating or to put the song away (by keeping it in the collection)
Possible Workarounds: use a half-star-rating, set a mark in comments, use one of the custom fields...
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No rating is Unknown. Zero rating is Bomb rating.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Ahhhhh! Okay, now I recognize it.

Seems to be a solution...

I feel like a beginner in MM5... :o Thank you for your patience with me!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:44 pm No rating is Unknown. Zero rating is Bomb rating.
But back to the OP's point. The bomb is gone.
See here.
  1. MM5 - 4 tracks ... top two unrated, the next is a "bomb", and the last one is rated one star
  2. The same thing in MM4
Which is clearest?
Also note the active row in MM5 (ie. the top row) ... it is unrated, but looks like it is a "bomb" track to me

nb: MM5 image shows Material Design skin
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
OK, I also LIKED when I could see that BOMB icon when rating Tracks. I always remember phrase BOMB THE BASS ;) I had Short cut for that on my PC IR Remote eg. Few seconds playing of track :x :evil: -> Button pressed -> BOMBED track :evil: -> Play next :wink:

Created Pool, so that we can see how to make this possible in Skinning for future MM versions.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

+1 for seeing the Bomb. I used it for tracks never to be played again and it was highly visible.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

#MeToo :-)
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

Peke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:15 pm Button pressed -> BOMBED track :evil:
Yeah.., there is a slightly devilish satisfaction in bombing tracks that deserve it.
Miss it too...
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Related to this in MM4 under properties I was able to assign a rating, including a bomb in the dropdown.

In MM5 under properties, I do not have a drop-down (running 502 release) - so how would I assign a zero rating or unknown?

If this is affected by my skin being "Metro M", then what skin must I use to see all features best??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

With the mouse just in front (left side) of the Rating it will rate it with zero/bomb Rating. A little further left and it will be Unknown Rating. It works the same on the Player and in the Filelisting/Playing windows. You can use a drop-down like selector with right click on a file using Rating in the Context Menu.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

OK, great, found the right-click drop-down, It would be good if this existed under properties as well.

Tried setting a song to unknown, using the dropdown, while in my 4-star playlist. The song disappeared - as it should, but also the program crashed. No message just became unresponsive to any clicks, needed task manager to close it.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the crash in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.