How to create a separate MM library? (or how best to accomplish what I need to do)

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Donski

Re: How to create a separate MM library? (or how best to accomplish what I need to do)

Post by Donski »

The way I manage 2 separate MM libraries is by using 2 different "portable" installs of MM. With portable installs I could have one install on my desktop with my huge library and another install on a portable SSD with a smaller library that I could use on different computers. That's when I realized I could run both at the same time and even the same install twice. Note that on the 1st page of options you need to uncheck the box next to "Allow just one instance of MediaMonkey". The reason I prefer this is because I can run them side by side for easy comparison.

I originally did this for DJ reasons, by running the same install twice I could set different outputs so I could use headphones on one while bluetooth speakers on the other. This way I could privately sample tracks to make sure I got the right version then drag it to the other side to add it to the other playlist.
Peke

Re: How to create a separate MM library? (or how best to accomplish what I need to do)

Post by Peke »

Donski wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:27 pm The way I manage 2 separate MM libraries is by using 2 different "portable" installs of MM. With portable installs I could have one install on my desktop with my huge library and another install on a portable SSD with a smaller library that I could use on different computers. That's when I realized I could run both at the same time and even the same install twice. Note that on the 1st page of options you need to uncheck the box next to "Allow just one instance of MediaMonkey". The reason I prefer this is because I can run them side by side for easy comparison.

I originally did this for DJ reasons, by running the same install twice I could set different outputs so I could use headphones on one while bluetooth speakers on the other. This way I could privately sample tracks to make sure I got the right version then drag it to the other side to add it to the other playlist.
Unfortunately plugin I made 17 years ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2432 works up to MM4 and not yet (set as I would really like too) made it for MM5+.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts