Lyricator v1.5.1 (2020-03-22)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jaygould

Re: Lyricator v1.5.1 (2020-03-22)

Post by jaygould »

dsmall@comporium.net wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:17 pmI keep getting the following screen when I right click a file and run Lyricator. Occasionally I get the real search presentation.
Getting the exact same thing. Found out the following: Clicking "Search for lyrics" breaks Lyricator, workaround: Restart MediaMonkey.
Once I click "Search for lyrics" when listening to a song, Lyricator is broken again, another restart fixes this. Annoying but works for me.
dsmall@comporium.net

Post by dsmall@comporium.net »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried so many combinations and non work consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I also get a ton of immediate screen blinks when I start Lyricator. I have learned to open properties and then close it before starting Lyricator. For some reason, files are not getting in MM directory. MM really has a lot of great functionality but it is complex to use.

Dave
jaygould

Post by jaygould »

For me it also seems to make a difference if I start Lyricator from the Extras - Scripts-Menu compared to right-clicking on marked files and then Lyricator - All configured files (the latter works more reliably, starting it from the menu often just "loads" forever without actually fetching any lyrics).
dsmall@comporium.net

Post by dsmall@comporium.net »

If there is someone out there who does technical support, I have noticed a pattern on this error. It seems to occur after opening Lyricator successfully and either closing or saving the result to close the service. It is acting like there is a code remnant remaining in memory that is causing a failure when Lyricator attempts to open it again. It may be a system service, a Lyricator code service or even a MediaMonkey service - not sure. Just a thought. I am also having problems with songs being resident in the Media Monkey library resulting in Lyricator opening quickly and closing. When this happens, I have to open the songs properties, close the song and then open Lyricator. I rescanned the specific hard drive directory and then rescanned the complete music library to the MediaMonkey library and this only seems to work once (if at all).

I looked in Task Manager under details and found I was running Media-Monkey (non-skinned). Does this make a difference?

I ran another test. Opened MediaMonkey, selected a file, ran Lyricator: quick open and close. Used properties to open the file and then did a close. Opened Lyricator (using the icon) and it worked. Selected a second file and opened lyricator (quick fail again) and repeated opening/closing properties. Opened Lyricator and got the white box with data previously reported and then nothing. Closed MediaMonkey and reopened it after checking task manager to insure mediamonkey was gone. Selected file and opened Lyricator - fast failure again. Opened/closed properties and then ran lyricator (from icon) and got the white box again. Closed / opened media monkey and ran the same test with initiating lyricator from the right click option. Again got the white box. Rebooted the machine, opened mediamonkey, selected a file, ran lyricator - quick open and close again. Used properties to open/close, ran lyricator (as above) and it worked. After closing the lyricator box, selected another file, and following tests all resulted in a white box.

I do have the new Edge installed.

I hope this helps.
TekGamer

Post by TekGamer »

dsmall@comporium.net wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:02 am If there is someone out there who does technical support, I have noticed a pattern on this error. It seems to occur after opening Lyricator successfully and either closing or saving the result to close the service. It is acting like there is a code remnant remaining in memory that is causing a failure when Lyricator attempts to open it again. It may be a system service, a Lyricator code service or even a MediaMonkey service - not sure. Just a thought. I am also having problems with songs being resident in the Media Monkey library resulting in Lyricator opening quickly and closing. When this happens, I have to open the songs properties, close the song and then open Lyricator. I rescanned the specific hard drive directory and then rescanned the complete music library to the MediaMonkey library and this only seems to work once (if at all).

I looked in Task Manager under details and found I was running Media-Monkey (non-skinned). Does this make a difference?

I ran another test. Opened MediaMonkey, selected a file, ran Lyricator: quick open and close. Used properties to open the file and then did a close. Opened Lyricator (using the icon) and it worked. Selected a second file and opened lyricator (quick fail again) and repeated opening/closing properties. Opened Lyricator and got the white box with data previously reported and then nothing. Closed MediaMonkey and reopened it after checking task manager to insure mediamonkey was gone. Selected file and opened Lyricator - fast failure again. Opened/closed properties and then ran lyricator (from icon) and got the white box again. Closed / opened media monkey and ran the same test with initiating lyricator from the right click option. Again got the white box. Rebooted the machine, opened mediamonkey, selected a file, ran lyricator - quick open and close again. Used properties to open/close, ran lyricator (as above) and it worked. After closing the lyricator box, selected another file, and following tests all resulted in a white box.

I do have the new Edge installed.

I hope this helps.
I have the same behavior with Lyricator, and I have the save issue when MM4 is running skinned.
TekGamer
TekGamer

Post by TekGamer »

Does anybody have a fix for having to always run Lyricator twice to get it to work?
TekGamer