unable to play some m4a files even with QuickTime

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

LeonT

unable to play some m4a files even with QuickTime

Post by LeonT »

I have some m4a files that won't play in MM5. These are from albums that were ripped from CD in iTunes, and just a random track here and there won't play. I understand this is a problem with DRM encoding by Apple. On attempt to play in MM5, there is a message and an offer to find the missing codec, which recommends that I install QuickTime. [This is the same as in MM4, and it seemed to work there.] After installing QuickTime, MM5 no longer shows the message, attempts playback, but with only static noise as the result. I am operating in Windows 10, MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2273, with MM5 Codec Pack Trial 3.0.4 installed, QuickTime 7.7.9 installed
Lowlander

Re: unable to play some m4a files even with QuickTime

Post by Lowlander »

Does QuickTime itself play the files?
LeonT

Post by LeonT »

Yes, and once I played one in QuickTime now they all play in MM. Starting QuickTime apparently hooked up the necessary codec in MediaMonkey. So this issue is resolved. Thanks for your help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
can you send me DL Link to one of file that previous would not play in MM and no play once you played it QT?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts