How do I manage a playlist on Android with no files on PC [#13910]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Help on syncing playlist in m3u8 format

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and do you have Playlists selected to be synced?

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
donphillipe

Re: How do I manage a playlist on Android with no files on PC

Post by donphillipe »

I have the latest Media Monkey from Google Play store. Otherwise, I am not syncing. I have worked too hard to get my library in the condition it is in and I don't want to sync because my own philosophy is if I don't know exactly will happen when I sync then I don't just click "sync". For me it's much easier to create a playlist on Windows, do a global change on the directory structure pointing the the mp3 location in the M3U file itself and then manually place playlist M3Us on the Android system and go with that. Ideally, one could whip through Media Monkey on windows and create all your playlists quickly but last time I tried this doesn't work. That's because Media Monkey on Windows has some sluggish background routines in process and one cannot just zip, zip, zip through a media collection creating playlists because well, you would have to tell me what is going on in the background, but it's just continuous little stall-outs that can make say a week's long job of creating hundreds of play lists into a month long job (case in point, that's what happened to me when I went through my lifetime collection of music to make playlists). THat is why in the past here I have requested a "turn loose of the data base" option for people who just wanted to create playlists with file structure pointers in simple M3U files and not suffer through all that churning in the background (on Windows) that takes place when you go to create a playlist (on Windows) with Media Monkey. Anyway I do love the product, otherwise and hope nothing ever happens I will have to go without it on both my laptop and Android.
Lowlander

Re: How do I manage a playlist on Android with no files on PC

Post by Lowlander »

Try File > Maintain Library with complete optimization enabled.