File Scan Enabled on Startup, DOES NOT RUN with Library installed AS A SERVICE

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

brianpeabody

File Scan Enabled on Startup, DOES NOT RUN with Library installed AS A SERVICE

Post by brianpeabody »

MM win Ver 4.1.29.1910

I long had MM (various versions) installed to scan the library for changes at startup. It's still configured to do so, but no longer does, apparently since installing the Library as a service (@ 192,168,1,31:50247 - Status:Running).

I can still force the update by pressing [Ins]
Lowlander

Re: File Scan Enabled on Startup, DOES NOT RUN with Library installed AS A SERVICE

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean it doesn't run when the Service starts at PC start or that it doesn't run when you switch from Service to full software?
Peke

Re: File Scan Enabled on Startup, DOES NOT RUN with Library installed AS A SERVICE

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please note that Credentials to services are sometimes loaded bit later so MM was maybe blocked to scan and silently fail because it is started as service.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
brianpeabody

Post by brianpeabody »

@Lowlander - I mean that the scanning doesn't take place when I start the MM full product.

@Peke - The PC on which the service is running has been up for days, and the service running for days. (It supports Denon/Marantz component HEOS playback elsewhere on the network.) Therefore, unless the service credentials are somehow suspended and reloaded when MM full program starts, your hypothesis seems unlikely.

Regards,
Brian Peabody
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As MediaMonkey is already running, I'm not sure that you should expect it to run, unless it didn't run on Service start. ie. in this scenario Continuous Scanning would be needed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

brianpeabody wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:35 pm @Peke - The PC on which the service is running has been up for days, and the service running for days. (It supports Denon/Marantz component HEOS playback elsewhere on the network.) Therefore, unless the service credentials are somehow suspended and reloaded when MM full program starts, your hypothesis seems unlikely.
I was referring that credentials are assigned bit later on service start. For me if I close/stop MM (service included) -> create new folder in my "on startup" monitoring folder and add few files -> then restart PC -> I get new files scanned and in MM library once MM service is started.

To be sure, you would like that On start search is executed every time when you switch MM from Service to full app even on startup scan is done apron service start?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts