Level volume playback

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Xmania

Level volume playback

Post by Xmania »

I'm having an issue with track volume, specifically when playing through a bluetooth device. One thing I've noticed after syncing, is that some songs are Mp3 and some are WMA. It appears that the WMA play back at a lower volume. Is this an issue with file type, or is it an issue with level volume settings? BTW, I thought I had sync settings to convert everything to MP3, so obviously I've done something wrong there.

CONFESSION: I am novice when it comes to audio technology, so if responses get too technical, they're going to just go over my head. I'll appreciate suggestions in novice language please!!

One more question: Is there a difference in file size if I convert to MP3 versus WMA? I need to aim for smallest file sizes.
Lowlander

Re: Level volume playback

Post by Lowlander »

What are you conversion settings? A screenshot of the settings may help: http://mediamonkey.com/support/index.ph ... orum-posts
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're only converting Incompatible Audio to MP3 and WMA is listed as Supported Format (thus is not incompatible). If you remove WMA from Supported Formats it should then convert to MP3 on Sync with your other settings.
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

Thank you so much. That appears to have resolved the problem. I've got a long drive this weekend, so will really put it to the test!!