Playlist sync on MP3 player

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Xmania

Playlist sync on MP3 player

Post by Xmania »

Does anyone know of an MP3 player that will sync playlists with MM? I had an older Sandisk player that worked fine, but it is not supported on my newer Windows 10 laptop. I just purchased an MP3 player only to discover that it won't sync playlists. I'm finding that many currently available players only do playlists by manual entry directly on the player. Before I start doing trial and error with a bunch of different players, I was hoping someone out there has already found one that will do a playlist sync with MM.
Peke

Re: Playlist sync on MP3 player

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Lets first start what make and model of player you have now. In many cases of not previously commonly known DAP devices it is needed to determine if that Player support any kind of Playlists. After that it is mostly matter of adjusting Device profile in order to sync playlist in supported format.

If none help then we can talk about amount of money, features, degree of support you would like to have and after that details are available we and our users would be glad to suggest you some devices to suit your needs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

The player i got is a Mibao 32gb. It has 3 playlist folders, but it appears that you have to connect to computer and drag songs into the playlists one at a time. I did a sync with mm and all the songs transferred, but not my mm playlists.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately this is first time I ever heard about that brand. I only see that there is an manual supplied with device. Can you please search URL on manual where we can even look at device specs and get any type of manual if and what type of Playlists are supported.

Also with its price range of <35 USD I really doubt of its quality and stated support. If you really want cheap Device that you do not at to pay attention to I for example have one of https://www.ebay.com/p/203849896?iid=174401509349 Rooted, stripped from all data, apps and other junk, Disabled Carrier connection completely and set it in Airplane mode so I can Use WiFi, BT, browser. Installed MMA from Playstore, Battery lasts 20h+ of constant playback and also have Hiking Navigation on it. Tested 64GB SDcard and it is working, currently one 16GB is in it. Installed Viper4Audio that improved Sound Quality.
Best regards,
Peke
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

That would work perfect for my needs. I'm going to go ahead and purchase it. Thank you!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My pleasure. many old phones can serve great as players once Mobile part is disabled and you make it as Player.

Regarding that device I am not sure its state, also would like to point you to https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/optimus-exceed-2 in order to find out how to root device and disable/remove all Mobile carrier services and junk apps to make battery last twice/triple against when not disabled.

Have fun, it is nice looking device.
Best regards,
Peke