Weird track numbers

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gabrielle

Weird track numbers

Post by gabrielle »

I have had nothing but problems in trying to sync MMW to my new phone (MMA). I went into some of those details in another post but also need a fix for this problem - which is - that some albums in MMA will have all of the tracks numbered correctly (1,2,3,4, etc.) while others will have tracks numbered strangely (1,2,103,4,105, etc.).

I don't know if this is because I had to add so many missing tracks manually via "send from device" after the first sync - but that's the only thing I can come up with.

How do I fix this? Tracks in MMW are still numbered correctly; it is only tracks in MMA that have this problem and I cannot find a way to edit track numbers in MMA. Is there a way to identify/make a list of all albums that have songs with a track number of 100 or above in MMA? How do I fix track numbers in MMA when the track number for that same song is correct in MMW? Thank you!
Lowlander

Re: Weird track numbers

Post by Lowlander »

Is the Track# that shows incorrect or is it in the filename that it's not to your liking? There is no way to do this in MMA. A resync may fix this.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Gabrielle,

The difference is: in MMW Properties sometimes the disc # is recorded and sometimes it is not.
Enter the correct disc # in MMW (Properties).
Then sync again.

Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

Thanks for responding. I've taken screen shots of the Properties in MMW and from MMA to show that the track number in MMW is 6 but is 106 in MMA. Unfortunately, I am not smart enough to figure out how to insert or attach the images to this post - paste doesn't work and when I click on the image icon I get the word img contained between brackets followed by /img also between brackets and I don't know how to point it to the images on my desktop. So, I need help in more ways than one!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Like Erwin said, it likely means you have 1 as value for Disc# and 6 as Track# in MMW for a file that shows a 106 in MMA. There is nothing that can be changed about this, other than removing Disc# from files in MMW, but then you can't properly keep track of multi-disc Albums.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

My trials suggest that disc number isn't a problem in MMA. Here's what I found (all albums by Thelonious Monk)

At the It Club (2 disc album). Disc numbers 1 & 2 used for all tracks as appropriate. After sync to MMA, in the list for the album all tracks have correct numbers (i.e., 1., 2., 3., etc.) with the tracks for disc 1 ordered before those for disc 2. No disc number seems to be shown.

Monk's Blues (1 disc). Disc number 1 used for all tracks contrary to usual practice which would have no disc number. After sync to MMA all tracks have correct number as above

At the 1964 Monterey Jazz Festival (1 disc). Arbitrarily added disc number 1 to tracks 2 & 4; other tracks have no disc number. After sync to MMA all tracks have correct disc number (i.e. no 102 or 104), but as might be expected, tracks 2. and 4. are ordered after the other tracks.

So it seems safe to continue to use disc numbers without fear that bad numberings will occur; the only caveat is that all tracks on a disc do have to have the same number to keep the actual ordering (but not numbering) correct.
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

Duh! I just realized I hadn't understood your replies earlier and completely missed the distinction between disc and track. You are correct - the tracks in MMA starting with 100 all have Disc 1 in properties in MMW; those numbered correctly do not. So, I can either live with this (which I really don't want to do since it messes up the play order) or I can laboriously locate every 'mislabeled' track in MMA and then tediously go into MMW and fix them all. Thankfully, I will not encounter any problems with multi-disk albums since I have each disk listed as a unique album.

Thanks again for your patience and your help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then lost all files in MMW and sort on Disc#. Now you can select all with a disc# and remove it quickly.
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. You are a genuine rock star! Thank you!!!
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Gabrielle,
... how to insert or attach the images to this post
Very easily:
I use the Windows snipping tool to create photos that I upload via the website https://imgbb.com/ and insert the link in the MM forum.

Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

Thanks for letting me know how to insert pictures - awesome! I love it when people really read the post, pick up on an issue, and help out - even when (or especially when) the issue wasn't even the main thing. Thanks again!
lccseh

track numbers getting 100 added to them when synced via usb, despite Track#:2

Post by lccseh »

hi - in trying to diagnose a problem with rating syncing, i discovered what appears to be a bug.

mmw 4.1.29.1910 gold
mma 1.4.0.0934

despite having the default Track#:2 in the device profile for music file location eg. \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>, when syncing from mmw to mma via usb it is making the track #'s 3 digits long, starting at 101.

in mmw, the track #'s are as expected eg. 1, 2, 3 but they become 101, 102, 103 when synced.

it appears to be most of the time.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mmw 5.0.4.2690 (gold lifetime)
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

lccseh wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:35 pm hi - in trying to diagnose a problem with rating syncing, i discovered what appears to be a bug.

mmw 4.1.29.1910 gold
mma 1.4.0.0934

despite having the default Track#:2 in the device profile for music file location eg. \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>, when syncing from mmw to mma via usb it is making the track #'s 3 digits long, starting at 101.

in mmw, the track #'s are as expected eg. 1, 2, 3 but they become 101, 102, 103 when synced.

it appears to be most of the time.
in the meantime, i finally got wifi sync working, and i am not experiencing this problem after deleting albums with the wrong track #'s as a result of the usb sync, and syncing over wifi - the track numbers are correct.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

drat, spoke too soon.

track numbers look fine in mmw:

https://www.screencast.com/t/JA9djP5xXg

settings in device config look right:

https://www.screencast.com/t/KDP2yihiuWM

however in mma they get 1000 added to them:

https://www.screencast.com/t/EBcEJ64osDj0

i had deleted the folder on mma before syncing again.

btw, how do i get images into these posts? i tried Image without success .. doesn't seem to like https:// ?

see my sig below for version numbers.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Update Your MMA (last Version see my signature)

Your picture 1) Your track # is already two-digit in MM4
Your picture 2) Device-Profil: change "Track #: 2" to "Track #"

MM4: Disk # = 2 ... Track # = 14 then:
MMA: illustration 214

MM4: Disk # = nothing ... Track # = 8 then:
MMA: illustration 8

btw, how do i get images into these posts? i tried Image without success .. doesn't seem to like https:// ?
UPLOAD: https://imgbb.com/

Help: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0