Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Post by Lowlander »

Can't reproduce the problem with Properties after MediaMonkey restart after DPI change, but menus and Properties do appear out of place with 150%.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi Lowlander,
I also noticed that even the top row menus were truncated when I tried to do File --> Exit for example, but all menus across the top have the same issue.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Not sure if it's the same issue, a variant of it or a completely new one - today I noticed that the issue (using 2291) doesn't seem to be related to moving windows around, but rather to the scaling factor at which a window is created.

If I open Mediamonkey on a screen with 1920x1080 and 100% scaling factor, all windows and dialogs render correctly with all borders displayed and nothing cut off.

If I move the main mediamonkey window to a second screen with resolution of 2560*1440 with 125% scaling, all newly created dialogs have a few pixels cut off at the bottom and right side of the window.

This also applies to the main window, but the new scaling factor is not applied immediately when moving between windows, so to see an effect the window needs to be maximised and restored first.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

It definitely is an issue related to scaling, so you are correct there.

I can't replicate the issue on build 2291, could you upload a recording of it?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Here you go. The video contains a recording of both of my screens.
The right side with 125% scaling, the left side with 100%. If I open the properties window on the left monitor, the borders appear to be the same weight on all sides, as do the borders of the main window.
After moving the window to the right screen, the left and top border are notably thicker than the left and bottom one.

video

Edit:
I just noticed that, due to scaling and compression, window borders are a little hard to see, so here are two screenshots of the properties window:
100%:
125%:
Madonit

Post by Madonit »

Yep same issue, staying with MM4 till this is fixed, latest build of MM5, Win 7 with scaling at 125% cant see most of the menus properly at all
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) and Skin are you using?
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

I just retried it in 2433 and the following skins had the issue:
- Material Design
- Material Design (Dark)
- Metro M
- Monkey groove
- Black Monkey
- Code Monkey
- Golden Monkey
- Purple Haze