Automatic clipping protection?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Biggus_Dickus

Automatic clipping protection?

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Hi, I got one question.
Is there an automatic clipping protection in MMA implemented? The reason why I ask.
99% of songs play all fine at same volume. No need to turn volume up or down. But some, very very few are playing significantly at lower volume, so I have to turn up volume. Yesterday I had it even within same album from same artist. One song, out of 12 plays lower volume. All files are analysed. I could upper gain value within MMW, but don't think it's the right way. The only time, I realized same lowering of volume was, when I turned on clipping protection in MMW or other players.
Lowlander

Re: Automatic clipping protection?

Post by Lowlander »

Does the file play at lower volume in MMW as well or does it play at normal volume unlike MMA? Also do you have option to Level Volume enabled in the MMA Options?
Biggus_Dickus

Re: Automatic clipping protection?

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:51 am Does the file play at lower volume in MMW as well or does it play at normal volume unlike MMA? Also do you have option to Level Volume enabled in the MMA Options?
Hi Lowlander,
MMW plays normal volume. All files seems same volume level.
Level volume is enabled in MMA. And how I said, it works for about 99% of songs fine.
But for very, very few songs it fails. It feels like turning on clipping protection in several programs.
The volume lowers, that it doesn't get distorted. For example, when you use MP3Gain and activate
clipping prevention, some songs became lower volume than others to protect them from clipping.
And that's exactly that variability, what I mean. Maybe I could record a sample file.