How to load YouTube files in MediaMonkey [#16693]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Hennie de Jager

How to load YouTube files in MediaMonkey [#16693]

Post by Hennie de Jager »

I tried to load YouTube links directly into my MediaMonkey library and tried "Manually Adding Individual Media Files", but no success. If there is already an item describing this, please direct me there.
I an a MM Gold user.

Hennie
Lowlander

Re: How to load YouTube files in MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

You can't add YouTube videos to MediaMonkey (assuming you mean on YouTube itself).
Hennie de Jager

Post by Hennie de Jager »

Thank-you Lowlander.

Because most of my music is loaded from used LP's, the sound is sometimes not very good. When it is an item that is outstanding, I found out that YouTube actually has an enormous library of music that is very good on that specific item, so I started copying the YouTube link(s) into any blank field that shows in Properties.

It would have been very helpful if YouTube links could be loaded directly into MediaMonkey library using "Manually Adding Individual Media Files". I was just shouting in the wind...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You should try MM5 as there you can create Playlist "YouTube" and add tracks (Drag and Drop) there will be showed in Music -> Location -> YouTube.

Also you can browse any artist using Online Tab an don Right click you will have Add to library option.

I also added new tweak bug https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16693 so that you can drag and drop directly to MM library to add it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Whie1982

Post by Whie1982 »

Peke wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 am Hi,
You should try MM5 as there you can create Playlist "YouTube" and add tracks (Drag and Drop) there will be showed in Music -> Location -> YouTube.

Also you can browse any artist using Online Tab an don Right click you will have Add to library option.

I also added new tweak bug https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16693 http://delicerecipes.com/ so that you can drag and drop directly to MM library to add it.
huge thanks for the recommendation. i really find it useful. may i ask you other questions if i would have some in the future? you seem to know way more than i do. thanks
Last edited by Whie1982 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: How to load YouTube files in MediaMonkey [#16693]

Post by Peke »

Whie1982 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:50 am huge thanks for the recommendation. i really find it useful. may i ask you other questions if i would have some in the future? you seem to know way more than i do. thanks
Feel free to post any questions here, it is most certain that someone will answer you.

Welcome and happy monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts