Export to iTunes library.xml

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jhsmith1183

Export to itunes library.xml

Post by jhsmith1183 »

How do I use this? I'm pretty new to media monkey, but I want to be able to export my media monkey playlists to itunes so I can use them in Serato DJ.
Peke

Re: Export to iTunes library.xml

Post by Peke »

Hi, There is no need to do that Open Serato and MM and Drag and Drop Selection of files to Serato.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
fvdpol

Post by fvdpol »

jhsmith1183 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:08 pm I'm new to media monkey. I downloaded this extension hoping to be able to access my playlists in Serato DJ. Is there a tutorial on how to actually use it?
I’m not aware of a detailed tutorial, but the description on github should give you some good hints on how to use it: https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... libraryxml

Your use-case sounds quite similar like mine: manage you library using playlist in MediaMonkey, and use these from you dj application (Traktor for me, Serato for you); so you should be good :-)
jhsmith1183

Post by jhsmith1183 »

fvdpol wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm
jhsmith1183 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:08 pm I'm new to media monkey. I downloaded this extension hoping to be able to access my playlists in Serato DJ. Is there a tutorial on how to actually use it?
I’m not aware of a detailed tutorial, but the description on github should give you some good hints on how to use it: https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... libraryxml

Your use-case sounds quite similar like mine: manage you library using playlist in MediaMonkey, and use these from you dj application (Traktor for me, Serato for you); so you should be good :-)
Do you run the script per playlist or does it export all of them? Also where does it export them to?
guerravid21

Post by guerravid21 »

Do you have some XML and documentation for do this action? I've been trying but nothing reached yet
lucky_phil

Post by lucky_phil »

Thank you for making this; it's a great script. Very useful.

Is it normal for it to take about one hour to run?

My library has around 20,000 tracks. I'm using MM 4.1.XX on Win 10.
xavierlh1

Post by xavierlh1 »

Is there a version compatible with MM5?
lucky_phil

Post by lucky_phil »

xavierlh1 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:43 pm Is there a version compatible with MM5?
+1

I'd like to know that too, before I upgrade to MM5
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

+1

This is a crucial step in my current workflow. Fingers crossed!
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Peke

Post by Peke »

MagGyver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:02 pm +1

This is a crucial step in my current workflow. Fingers crossed!
Have you tried to contact author on Github or in PM from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/membe ... ile&u=9082 if he is willing to port it to MM5?
Best regards,
Peke
rob.beviss@gmail.com

Post by rob.beviss@gmail.com »

I just bought MM5, and am very sad to say, that the iTunes XML Export plugin does NOT work with MM5...

Have PMd the author, holding thumbs... Alas, without the plugin, MM4 is where it's at :P
SKDJ

Post by SKDJ »

I have been using the lifetime version since I started DJ-ing in 2004. iTunes .xml is a must-have. I'd wish I was a better developer cause I would make a version for MMW5, but since all DJ software have adopted iTunes music libraries, and I do not ever want to switch to any Apple related platform, isn't it time to inherit iTunes .xml export as if it were your own? Anyways. I've also left a message to ask for an update. But it should be MMW's own I think.

You are still my favorite if it comes down to perfect data management. I would say metadata, but MMW even makes it easy to actually change filenames and locations. You guys caused me to be one of the first DJ's to administer his collection in an almost perfect way. I've taught many a starting DJ the need to have a perfect collection and be able to make quick changes up until last moment before the show.

iTunes. I hate the word. But it is a near perfect addon these days.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I DJ-ed for more than 12 Years and I am 30 years in broadcasting. I have not yet found app that can't one way or another being able to import MM library. Especially now when MM have multiple options to export things.

iTunes XML was unstable and not robust enough to supply stable enough way to do it.

Recently I have exported MM library to be used with my clients that use Jazzler, SAM broadcaster, Raduga, ZaraStudio, RadioDJ, and also in the past exported MM library to clients taht use Flow 8, Platinum Notes, Mashup, MixedInKey, Traktor, Virtual DJ, MixVibes, ...
Best regards,
Peke
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

I would be most interested in knowing your workflow for exporting MM to Traktor, as the iTunes XML was the solution I'd landed on, and it's not perfect by any means. Would you be willing to share that workflow? Thank you!
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As Traktor choke on larger library, I simply either used Export to M3U8 and Drag it to Traktor or used MM and then DRAG and Drop selection to Traktor or if I want remote DJ session then used external HDD as a sync device with Mask that will allow me to easily browse tracks as I want in Traktor.

Basically I used MM for all except for mixing.
Best regards,
Peke