Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman »

DJSamhein wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 am
crap_inhuman wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 am Dream Theater: I saw in your screenshot, that one track is not marked in the lower window. So the number of tracks are not the equal and DT will use the old matching method. If you use a release with the same number of tracks, it should work.
That screenshot was made without the new MM version. With the new MM version, it matches all and tries to change disc 1 to disc 3. screenshot
Okay, that's strange.
I just send you a mail.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

crap_inhuman wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:11 am
TroubleClef wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 am Hi I just tested the latest tagger version and latest MMW beta on an album with several takes of a few different tracks and the results were the same as always. Every track with the same name was assigned the same track number.
Thank you for testing. Could you give me a release number, you have tried to tag ? Has the album you selected and the release at discogs the same number of tracks ?

Hi, thanks. Here's the release: [r1383777] Same number of tracks on my MMW album as in Discogs.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Elai

Post by Elai »

thx for the update, now working fine again
crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.75 (Updated: 2020-05-05)

Post by crap_inhuman »

Released a new version.

Now the bugs and problems should be fixed. If not, please report it. If yes, report it too ;)
Metal up your ass !

TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Thanks! It looks like the song number issue is fixed at least for that release I posted. This is a huge improvement!

I have a new question: sometimes I want to keep the existing song name rather than take a new name from Discogs. How do I do this while taking all the other new tags? I've tried un-checking the box next to the song name in the upper window in the tagger, but then I don't get the involved people etc so it sort of defeats the purpose of tagging ...
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

TroubleClef wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:59 am Thanks! It looks like the song number issue is fixed at least for that release I posted. This is a huge improvement!
Great, this are good news!
TroubleClef wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:59 amI have a new question: sometimes I want to keep the existing song name rather than take a new name from Discogs. How do I do this while taking all the other new tags? I've tried un-checking the box next to the song name in the upper window in the tagger, but then I don't get the involved people etc so it sort of defeats the purpose of tagging ...
The checkbox you described is the right one.
I just tested it and if i un-check a box next to the songname, i see in the lower window the track with the existing song name and the tags are coloured, which will be modified.
The tag "Mitwirkende" = "Involved people"

Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Everything seems to be working fine, at least on the problematic albums we had identified.

I don't have a problem with updating MM version now. Not only did I fill a ticket and the issue will probably be addressed in a new version, but I'm now making the jump to MM5.
However, MM5 tagging abilities aren't near as good as discogs tagger, so I have to ask if you plan on migrating this script to MM5 in the future?
If not, I will probably end up using MM4 for tagging tracks (before adding to library) and MM5 for everything else.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

I'm happy that we fixed the problems now ! :D

I can't migrate the Discogs Tagger to MM5, cause i'm not familiar with JS as with VB. And the devs don't want to add a COM Interface like in MM4. :(
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

crap_inhuman wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 am I'm happy that we fixed the problems now ! :D

I can't migrate the Discogs Tagger to MM5, cause i'm not familiar with JS as with VB. And the devs don't want to add a COM Interface like in MM4. :(
Well, considering that MM4 is reaching the end of its cycle and that there aren't likely to be many more changes to this script, maybe it's time you learned JS and gave it a shot? ;)
You would have an advantage which is that your code flow is pretty much established already and you'd be more concerned with language conversion.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

DJSamhein wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 am
crap_inhuman wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 am I'm happy that we fixed the problems now ! :D

Well, considering that MM4 is reaching the end of its cycle and that there aren't likely to be many more changes to this script, maybe it's time you learned JS and gave it a shot? ;)
You would have an advantage which is that your code flow is pretty much established already and you'd be more concerned with language conversion.
Nice try ;-)

You write the Discogs Tagger User Interface for MM5 and i do the rest. Deal or no deal ? ;-)
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

crap_inhuman wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:06 am Nice try ;-)

You write the Discogs Tagger User Interface for MM5 and i do the rest. Deal or no deal ? ;-)
I wouldn't mind helping, but I really don't have much free time these days and I don't wish to spend it programming after a full day of programming :P
I don't even do the projects I'd like to one day achieve.

Maybe you could talk to the devs and have them integrate it with MM5? Seems like it would be an asset for the software and most of the work is already done by you.
SugarRush

Post by SugarRush »

hi,
first of all (this being my first post) Thank you for a super-great plugin!
Secondly, something have changed that I hope it can be fixed

Sometimes the release in discogs has fewer tracks than the one I have, it could be a normal version and an extended version of the track where only the extended is in the discogs release (fx 15100301 that has the extended version but not the edited version that my version has).

Before, I could check the box for the local track and it would get tagged with all the info I checked in options, like label, year, etc etc.

But since a while back i can choose the local track, but it will not fill the tag with same info as the track in the discogs release.

Both tracks should have exactly the same info besides Title perhaps and it worked like that earlier so it would be great if that could come back.

regards
/t
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

SugarRush wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:24 am hi,
first of all (this being my first post) Thank you for a super-great plugin!
Secondly, something have changed that I hope it can be fixed

Sometimes the release in discogs has fewer tracks than the one I have, it could be a normal version and an extended version of the track where only the extended is in the discogs release (fx 15100301 that has the extended version but not the edited version that my version has).

Before, I could check the box for the local track and it would get tagged with all the info I checked in options, like label, year, etc etc.

But since a while back i can choose the local track, but it will not fill the tag with same info as the track in the discogs release.

Both tracks should have exactly the same info besides Title perhaps and it worked like that earlier so it would be great if that could come back.

regards
/t
Hi,

i'm happy that you like DiscogsTagger. :)

I know the problem you have. I need to change the matching algorithm, cause there was a bug. You used the bug to tag other version of a track. :wink:
I wouldn't change this.

You could try to find the right release at discogs (which is sometimes not easy, i know)
You tag the additional track seperately
You try to tag the release with Musicbrainz. If you try Musicbrainz, you can see in the upper drop-down list of the Tagger window the list with the number of tracks for each release. That is a big advantage if you search for a release with a specific amount of tracks.

I hope this tips may help you tagging your tracks.
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

I know what he means.
Previously, if you wanted to, you could click the leftmost checkbox to unselect all tracks, then select the checkbox on the bottom list and it wouldn't change track name, number or disc number, but it would tag the "global" tags, like album, year, art, etc.
With the recent changes, doing the exact same thing only the art gets tagged.
It was kind of useful to be able to do that.
SugarRush

Post by SugarRush »

thanks for the answer!

sorry to hear that this useful function that i have used much over the years seems to be going away. To use Musicbrainz is not an option, lacks a huge amount of releases, don't use same genre/sub genre standards that discogs (that my whole huge library has). So only alternative is to do manual tagging of the not selectable tracks which is kinda against the purpose with using a tagger addon.

but,it's not all releases that have extra tracks so not the end of the world (even though i would love to have a function to add extra tracks for global tags) :)

reverting back to 5.71 for now :)

thanks
/t