Popup windows out of screen on win10, two displays

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

guapo

Popup windows out of screen on win10, two displays

Post by guapo »

Im running MMW portable v1905 on win10, using two displays connected to an Nvidia RTX 2070. If pop up windows are opened the first time (such as the search pop up, file properties or preference window), they end up way above the screen itself. Some of them, the ones that allow you to pull them sideways such as the MM options window, you can rescue by just widening them. The moment you move the side of the window, the top edge gets re-positioned into the screen. From then on, the window will always lay within the screen. This however does not work for the file properties window, which is positionioned outside as well but cannot be widened and stays outside.
I checked already, the different heights of the screens as set in the multidisplay properties of win10 (where you can horizontally adjust the relative heights of both screens to match the real vertical offset of the displays itself) is not the problem. Even when aligning the two screens in win10 display setting, the pop up windows do not get aligned properly
Does anyone else face that problem?
Lowlander

Re: Popup windows out of screen on win10, two displays

Post by Lowlander »

Not for me (but same screens and resolution).

Alt+Space then M key allows you to use Arrow keys to move the Properties window.
guapo

Re: Popup windows out of screen on win10, two displays

Post by guapo »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:11 pm Alt+Space then M key allows you to use Arrow keys to move the Properties window.
awesome. what worked is alt+space then enter. Like this the window can be moved even with the mouse pointer outside the sceen.
Meanwhile, I opened the MMW portables on the elder laptop with one screen and pulled the non-resizeable windows towards the middle. Re-running them on the double screen fixed it.