Sync Windows to Android and infuriating, inexplicable problems

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gibbleswick

Sync Windows to Android and infuriating, inexplicable problems

Post by gibbleswick »

I have had MediaMonkey on my phone (pro) and laptop (free) for a while now. I have had one persistent problem with tags not updating or matching when I have updated them on my computer and then sync and now the other day I woke up to find all my playlists gone from the phone and it says there is nothing in the playlist folder. I have checked through the file browser on my phone and they are still there, just mediamonkey wont find them. I have also tried with a couple of other apps and have the same problem. I am not much better than a brain damaged baby when it comes to the technical side of using these bastard robots we rely on so patience and clarity with feedback would appreciated. It is infuriating that the bloody things have a mind of their own in removing the playlists or ignoring changes to track details. I long for the days where I could have an iPod classic and have none of these problems.
Lowlander

Re: Sync Windows to Android and infuriating, inexplicable problems

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW, MMA and Android and are you normally doing a wifi or USB sync? Have you tried resyncing once the Playlists disappeared?
gibbleswick

Post by gibbleswick »

I have the latest version of both, although the tag problem has been a constant for a couple of years. I have tried re-syncing 20 or so times and still the same problem with the playlists. I have to take the card out of my phone, into an adapter and then put that in my laptop to sync as I have never managed to get the mythical wifi sync to come close to working and it won't sync with my phone and a usb cable. I read another post where someone had similar issues and posted out of frustration that he found using Rocket Player instead solved his issue, and after reading that have found Rocket Player too works fine for me so the issue must be MediaMonkey and not just my lack of ability with computers.
gibbleswick

Post by gibbleswick »

Thanks for the links, but as I said I am terribly illiterate when it comes to all things computer. I have no idea what most of the jargon is on about in those links (what is an UPnP or DLNA). It may as well be in a foreign language for all I can understand. Are there any guides written for idiots such as myself or am I better sticking with Rocket Player since that just works without any effort or complications?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

UPnP/DLNA is the technology behind wifi sync, it is to allow a server to share media files with clients.

Those are to troubleshoot, the guide is here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device