CRITICAL: Autoplaylists not working correctly anymore

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

CosmicKnowledge

CRITICAL: Autoplaylists not working correctly anymore

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

MM v4.1.27.1897 Portable Mode
Windows 10
iPod 5G, 160GB

I've had the same autoplaylists for years and across many versions of MM. However, I noticed that one autoplaylist is populating improperly now. It seems to be ignoring all the criteria set for it.

For example, the autplaylist "My Autoplaylist" has the following criteria:
- Match [All] of the following criteria
- Genre - contains - MyGenre
- Occasion - is - MyOccassion
- Rating - >= - 4.5 Stars

That autoplaylist is completely ignoring all the criteria (genre, occassion, rating) and including roughly 99% of the total music library. However, another autoplaylist I have works perfectly.

This is also a big problem because I can no longer sync my iPod. It has run out of room since it is trying to sync my entire library which is much bigger than the iPods capacity.
Lowlander

Re: CRITICAL: Autoplaylists not working correctly anymore

Post by Lowlander »

Start with File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked.
CosmicKnowledge

Re: CRITICAL: Autoplaylists not working correctly anymore

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:48 am Start with File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked.
I'll try it.

Also, I was able to solve it by:
a) creating a new autoplaylist with the same criteria,
b) in the existing faulty autoplaylist, changing a criteria, changing it back, then hitting OK. This must have refreshed it and now the original autoplaylist is working again.