2226 - display of cover art goes into a coma after db maint

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2226 - display of cover art goes into a coma after db maint

Post by Barry4679 »

Use of Optimise & Rebuild options, in Files|ManageDatabase, breaks display of album art.

After completion of the db maint, I see this when scrolling down the grid.

Steps:
  • be in xxx>Album Grid view
  • run above option with both Optimise & Rebuild checked
  • when finished, scroll down ==> cover art display is asleep ... no covers displayed
  • navigate into the detail panel for an album ... delay, then can see a cover ... seems like it gets it from the Internet, not from my local Folder.job file
  • backbutton to go back to grid ... still asleep
workaround: navigate somewhere else in the Media Tree .... resumption of normal service
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2226 - display of cover art goes into a coma after db maint

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I cannot replicate, for me the images are shown exactly as before the rebuild.

Note that "Rebuild databases" also reconstructs the relation tables and genres/albums/artists tables so albums gets different IDs so a refresh issue might occur.
Can you try whether pressing F5 (to refresh the view) resolves the issue for you?
I guess I should call the refresh after the Rebuild Database option anyway (will be in build 2227).

Otherwise the "Rebuild Database" has not been added for maintenance, but rather for correcting a corrupted DB (tables/indexes/triggers).
For maintenance I would recommend just the "Optimize database" option -- that should be sufficient.
Barry4679

Re: 2226 - display of cover art goes into a coma after db maint

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:30 am I cannot replicate, for me the images are shown exactly as before the rebuild.
In my case the images had not been displayed before ... ie. I had just installed and imported from MM4. ... so maybe something to do with cache.

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:30 am.nres/albums/artists tables so albums gets different IDs so a re
Can you try whether pressing F5 (to refresh the view) resolves the issue for you?
I am sure that I tried this yesterday, and it didn't work ... but today it does.

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:30 am For maintenance I would recommend just the "Optimize database" option -- that should be sufficient.
OK, thanks.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.