video idea

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

What do you think about video support for MM

You may select 1 option

View results

wallstreetwalker

video idea

Post by wallstreetwalker »

someone mentioned there should be a poll, but couldn't find one, so here it is 8)

I know that this has been discussed, and the answer on people asking for video support is that MM is a music manager.
someone mentioned there should be a poll, but couldn't find one, so here it is.

But:
there could be some MM support for video without actually having an built in video player/

Here is my idea.

add some field to a song tag with a link to a video clip (maybe you could even make it a link to an online video clip streaming service).
also have the option to add music videos to the library;

then make MM stop playing when a video clip is opened.
and just send the clip to some other player
or when online open the link in some player or a browser
also add support to make MM start playing again when the videoclip stops.

ofcourse it would be even better if the external player could be docked inside MM (like moving album art :lol: ) and controlled with the MM player buttons!

I also know that there are many multimediaplayers that play both video and audio, but this would really be something completely different compared to just opening and playing videos.

besides it would make MM the absolute music tool.

also check this other poll (how many video clips do you currently have on your HD)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9849
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
Vertigo50

Post by Vertigo50 »

I don't know if I speak for the majority, but I think what most of us would like is just to be able to load videos onto the iPod.

Not necessarily that MediaMonkey would convert it to the iPod format, not that it would do a lot of advanced stuff, but if I have a video already in iPod format, it would be nice if MM just let me load it onto the iPod, and maybe edit the tags for organization.

Again, I don't know if I speak for the majority or not, though.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The order of the choices is incorrect. This can be confusing...

Better order would be

Code: Select all

- if it doesn't get implemented soon, i'll switch player 
- it really should be implemented soon    
- i don't need really need it, but i would be nice if it doesn't slow down MM    
- i don't want it, MM is for music only 
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think video would be a nice addition which I would certainly use. I don't want it added at the expense of performance though!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

trixmoto wrote:I think video would be a nice addition which I would certainly use. I don't want it added at the expense of performance though!

what he said 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What might be nice if it's able to implement music videos, but I wonder how many people have them.

The ideal situation would be where music videos would be part of the normal music collection. For parties one could have a nice visualization up and when a music video is played MediaMonkey would autoswitch from visualization to music video and back to visualization once a normal music files is played.

Still, I'm not going bananas for the idea to add full video support to MediaMonkey.
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

this i about what i suggested a visualisation or an external one (to make sure all formats can be played, or i can just convert ofcourse)

video killed the radiostar :lol:
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
STabs

Post by STabs »

I want Video support. I would like to keep mediamonkey ...or is it audiomonkey?.. or videomonkey..?

:)
EAC -> Flac -> MediaMonkey -> Winamp = :-)