sync ratings

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Zye1984

sync ratings

Post by Zye1984 »

I have just lost near 900 ratings because I cannot find reliable information on how to transfer rating data from an Android device back to the PC. From what I understood, I needed to sync the device to my PC again...well, I did, and instead of the phone ratings going to the PC, it did the opposite.

I am not rating these on my PC. I am rating these on my phone while I am out and about or driving, and planning on putting the ratings BACK on the PC, preferably all at once and not manually one by one.

Please. Please tell me how i can do this successfully in the way that I am trying to do this.

Step, by, step. Please.

If there is a phrase, function, action, or name of something that I would not know what it is because I did not make this program and/or know the ends and outs of metadata and connecting devices, PLEASE elaborate. Exs.: I have no idea what a "Device Profile" is, what it does, or how to use it.

I would IMPLORE you to create some how-to guides somewhere on this site, that is easily found, that are detailed and easily understood so it would avoid people, like myself, from seething in anger from losing weeks/months of progress and having to start over.

I have a windows 10 machine, and a Google Pixel 1st Gen. MMA (paid for) and MMW (not gold).
Lowlander

Re: sync ratings

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using?
Zye1984

Post by Zye1984 »

I have the latest versions of both MMW and MMA.

Sorry i was a bit brash, i continually have issues with my song files and what happened just put me over the edge. My reply was delayed since MMW happened to still have a playlist of all the songs from MMA up before i synced, so it displayed the ratings. I took screenshots of everything and put the ratings back manually.

I still would like to know how to do this the right way though.

The link tells me how to sync, but i don't see where it says how to do so in a way that takes the MMA info to the MMW version. I may be too tired to understand at this time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the sync to Library tab you can enable metadata to be synced back.
Zye1984

Post by Zye1984 »

I know it's been a while, but with this issue I now just look at the ratings on my phone and edit the metadata on the PC. I'm too unsure if MM will just get rid of everything. it would be fine to mess around with if i wasn't doing this with hundreds of tracks, but since i am i'm not going to risk MM screwing me over again.