Do you use Media Monkey? Why?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Do you use Media Monkey? Why?

Post by Peke »

sallenmd87 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 am
yarguy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 pm The future of digital audio is not in lossy formats like MP3.
Among audiophiles, yes. Not so sure about the other 95+% of people. So long as lossless formats are sold at a much higher price that $1.29 per track, which is usually the case, the majority will not buy them. They have come to accept MP3 and AAC. The future of digital audio is streaming anyway.
1. Many many more people find about lossless, especially as FLAC is finally supported in Apple devices and BT Audio support much higher quality (AptX mode)
2. Regarding Streaming I agree 100%.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

sallenmd87 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 am

Among audiophiles, yes. Not so sure about the other 95+% of people. So long as lossless formats are sold at a much higher price that $1.29 per track, which is usually the case, the majority will not buy them. They have come to accept MP3 and AAC. The future of digital audio is streaming anyway.
Bandcamp charges exactly the same for FLAC as for MP3.

Unfortunately, though, you are right that the public has come to accept low quality if they can get it cheaper (even better if it is free, hence streaming with ads). But for too many people music is just Muzak anyway so quality doesn't matter.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

yarguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 am
Unfortunately, though, you are right that the public has come to accept low quality if they can get it cheaper (even better if it is free, hence streaming with ads). But for too many people music is just Muzak anyway so quality doesn't matter.
I think that is a bit rough. I perfer mp3 simply because I started with mp3 before lossless formats started to become popular. And I have to admit that i really can't tell the difference between 320 mp3 and a flac file when playing ... especially in a car.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
sallenmd87

Post by sallenmd87 »

dtsig wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:00 pm
yarguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 am And I have to admit that i really can't tell the difference between 320 mp3 and a flac file when playing ... especially in a car.
Objective, double-blind studies have shown that many "audiophiles" can't either. Expectations color perception.
sallenmd87

Post by sallenmd87 »

yarguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 am Bandcamp charges exactly the same for FLAC as for MP3.
Not much there that really interests me, to be honest. I tend to be a little more mainstream in my purchasing tastes and stream the stuff from artists that I've never heard of. Also, I buy a fair amount of classical music, and they definitely charge a premium for lossless.