Wrong Artwork for track on phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RickMM

Wrong Artwork for track on phone

Post by RickMM »

The wrong artwork is displaying for a track on my android phone. The background is I have allot of CD-R discs (that I had previously ripped some of my vinyl collection to them) and since my turntable has 'died' I decided to ripped these CD-R files to MMW with the following metadata:

Track: No1
Artist: abc
Album: Vinyl collection
Album Artist: Various

Track: No2
Artist: def
Album: Vinyl collection
Album Artist: Various

I then synch these tracks to my phone using a playlist, all good so far. On my phone the location of the above tracks is:-

music\various\vinyl collection\

Later I started to add the artwork to the various tracks but what I found after synching again to my phone was that all the tracks for album 'Vinyl collection' would have the artwork associated with the last artist I synched from the same album (ie def). So I edited the properties of each track to be:

Track: No1
Artist: abc
Album: abc Vinyl collection
Album Artist: abc

Track: No2
Artist: def
Album: def Vinyl collection
Album Artist: def

and used 'Auto-Organise files' to rename/move the files. In Windows it all looks fine (the correct artwork is attached to the tracks) but after I synch back to my phone I find that the tracks are still located in 'music\various\vinyl collection' and they still use the artwork for the last track I updated (ie def). The artwork file in 'music\various\vinyl collection' is for the album 'def Vinyl collection'.

I checked my playlists in MMW and they point to the correct location. I went through the various menu options but couldn't find anything that seem to help.

How do I fix this?

MMW 4.1.24.1883
Galaxy s5 phone version 6.0.1
MMA 1.3.4.0854 Pro
Lowlander

Re: Wrong Artwork for track on phone

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure sync will update Artwork in this scenario. You may have to remove problem tracks and resync.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

I'm not sure sync will update Artwork in this scenario. You may have to remove problem tracks and resync
"remove" how? using MMA delete track/file option? or outside of MMA? ie file manager app?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Either way, or even from PC with device connected via USB.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

It didn't work. When I deleted the file using MMA nothing happened the file remained in the wrong folder and was not deleted. When I deleted the file using 'My Files' app the file was deleted but after resyncing it put the same mp3 file back in the same wrong location.

Under Options I don't have 'Enforce use of sync mask for files already on the device' enabled, should I ? What does this do?

Also I don't have 'Delete other files and playlist from device' enabled. should I? What does this do?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The force option should rename any file already in the selected folders to match the file formatting set I MMW.

Delete other files will offer to remove any files not in the MMW Library that are found on the device.

Did you rescan in MMA after you removed the files from the device? A device restart may also help.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

The force option should rename any file already in the selected folders to match the file formatting set I MMW.

Delete other files will offer to remove any files not in the MMW Library that are found on the device.

Did you rescan in MMA after you removed the files from the device? A device restart may also help.
No I didn't rescan in MMA after deleting the files ( I just deleted the file then resync). I will re-try deleting with a rescan prior to re-sync.

BTW - with enabling 'Enforce' option that would seem to be the fix my issue, if it can rename the path of the file to reflect the current path as per MMW.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, enforce should do so.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

The suggestion to rescan (before resyncing) didn't fix the issue. My workflow was:-

delete file in the wrong folder on my phone using windows explorer
rescan MMA
rescync MMW to MMA
rescan MMA again

The file still went to the same wrong folder as previously.

I can't be the first person to come across this issue. Surely there must be a simple and standard way to fix this issue.

I want to try the "enforce use of sync masks" option but I'm reluctant to do so in case it stuff things up further. I would appreciate some guidance.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

It appears that my issue is similar to this issue from this 2015 post.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... er#p411922

Is there a fix/patch for this bug?
Petw

Post by Petw »

Same problem here. I purchased the android app and was going to also pay for the desktop version but not if this program is becoming abandon-ware...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Petw wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:39 am Same problem here. I purchased the android app and was going to also pay for the desktop version but not if this program is becoming abandon-ware...
It is certainly not abandon-ware and both apps are designed to pay for your needs even free version (one or both) is working for most users. As this is older thread, can you please tell us what exactly you missing in either versions (please state exact versions you use/tested) that is not fixed or not working. We need that in order to prioritize what is needed for our users and see if there is anything that can improve overall experience and ease of use?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts