"preparing" notification after each reboot (library scan) [#15831]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Re: "preparing" notification after each reboot (library scan) [#15831]

Post by tbm72 »

Peke wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:07 pm Hi,
Thank You.

Can you also confirm that it asks for Check on devices that only have Internal Storage?

I personally think that on device reboot Internal Storage mounting should be postponed each time. Thoughts?
I physically removed the SD card and rebooted and yes, it still asked to Check/Postpone (I guess this must be for internal storage). The notification wording could be a bit confusing as it says "New storage mounted. Do you want to check for new/changed media?" - it might confuse some users to refer to internal memory as "new storage"?

My own preference would be to have scanning postponed by default for all media. Or at least make it an option in settings. Maybe I don't really understand the process but I only ever add music to my device via MM sync so I'm not sure I would ever need to have scanning enabled. Is it because some users add music to their device from sources other than MM?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Actually, now I've played about with it a bit more I think there is still a problem. After a reboot you can get the Android notification to disappear by selecting 'Postpone' but it looks like the scan (or some other operation) is still happening in the background.

I rebooted and selected 'Postpone' but when I opened MMA on my phone there was still the spinning circle icon in the top right and that has lasted for over an hour (like before). During this time it's not possible to do a wifi sync in MMA and it says "Connecting to W-fi network. Please wait" with a spinning circle. It's been over an hour now so and it still says this so it looks like you have to wait for just as long as before and the scan has finished before it will allow you to do a wifi sync and update the library.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Log IDs Please.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

I have all my music on SD card and this notification appears after reboot. Is there not a way to disable to process or notification? As it is now you still have to take a step on every restart.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ATM we are gathering information on how many device this is affected. It will be improved in future versions.
Best regards,
Peke
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Great, thank you.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
rusty

Post by rusty »

This should be fixed in MMA 1.3.5.863+ (currently available as a beta on the Play store).
Can you confirm that it works for you?

Thanks.

-Rusty
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

Log ID: 34MIDD73QI
Description: it continues to scan the sd card (for hours ...) with the consequent impossibility of wi-fi synchronization and battery consumption
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA?
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

Beta 1.3.6.0881
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How big is your SDCard and can you please give us estimate number of Tracks?
Best regards,
Peke
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

Hi, 400gb, 25800 tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Very big SDcard. I just tested on 128GB U3 SDcard with around 16k 85GB of MP3/M4A and around 0.5k FLAC and it took around 25m to check it for changes.
Is your SDCard filled with music or mixed music/videos, what is the main track format and how much free space is left?
Best regards,
Peke
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

hello everyone and thanks to the interest .... the file format is only .mp3, they are only audio files, no video or other formats. the free space on the sd is about 50 gb. now I have tried to format the sd, redo a "clean" MMA installation and synchronize everything as if it were the first installation. I am synchronizing via wi-fi and I am currently at about 80% progress ... I am trying through wi-fi because in the past I have always had problems using the other synchronization methods ... I will be able to tell you if at the end of the synchronization everything will be solved ... I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your work and I hope the support to MM never fails, as I think it is the best software to manage large collections of mp3s. My archive derives from at least 15 years of "musical passion" started with itunes, passed by Nightingale (another great software, but now "abandoned" and with no possibility of use on android ...). Hello and thanks
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

For what its worth, this issue was resolved for me a couple versions back and I have about 6000 tracks on a 256gb sd card... I'm currently on version 0886.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester