See song progression on lock screen

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Maps

See song progression on lock screen

Post by Maps »

Hi,
The possibility to navigate forward and backward within the current song from lock screen with a bar would help tremendously.
Best,
Maps
oblivioncth

Re: See song progression on lock screen

Post by oblivioncth »

Since Oreo Google has heavily reduced how much apps can modify on the lockscreen. If you've used the app for a bit and remember, there used to be player controls that were very similar to the persistent notification controls on the lockscreen, but now they're just generic pause, play and seek controls with the title/artist that have no custom theming whatsoever. This is because MMA is only able to use the standard lock screen media controls in Android and isn't drawing a custom layout there any longer.

So unfortunately this may no longer be a possibility.
Last edited by oblivioncth on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maps

Post by Maps »

Yep I remember that. That's a bummer, being able to have +15sec forward/ -15sec backwards in the song, or being able to give a start rating, from the lockscreen, was a huge time saver.

Okay, thanks for your answer, here are 2 others + a potential bug to correct:
- making a Widget that enables to put a link to "Playlists" on the screen (currently MM makes you choose "a" playlist, a specific one). Might be the easiest of my 3 propositions.
- having a a button on the the desktop MM that enables to "send this song / playlist to the phone" : it's cool when you are in the middle of an album and you have to leave your place, to be able to continue the playlist on your phone. Kind of through a push notification..
- this one might just be a bug : when I click on the MM widget player on my phone, it opens "Now playing" and restarts it: I guess most users just want to open it, and stay at the current track.

Congrats for the great work anyway, still love the app.
Best,
M
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

oblivioncth wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 am ...there used to be player controls that were very similar to the persistent notification controls on the lockscreen, but now they're just generic pause, play and seek controls with the title/artist that have no custom theming whatsoever..

If we're talking about the same thing, I was able to get the functions of the MMA widget back by going into lockscreen settings>FaceWidgets> turn off the "Music" widget.

What I really miss from older Android versions is the full-screen album art display behind the widget. Now its just the microscopic thumbnail in the widget. If anyone has a way to restore that it would be much appreciated!
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester