[SOLVED] Playlist getting deleted from phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

toadfool

[SOLVED] Playlist getting deleted from phone

Post by toadfool »

I had been using mediamonkey on my HP laptop and Xiaomi phone for ages without any issues. I upgraded to a Xiaomi laptop, everything synced fine, but now the playlists on my phone keep getting deleted - i'll open them up sometimes and they'll be fine, then another time i'll open them up and watch them getting deleted in front of my eyes. This makes playing music on my phone pretty impossible. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: Playlist getting deleted from phone

Post by Lowlander »

Are they being deleted while syncing? What App are you using on the phone and which version of MediaMonkey on you PC?
toadfool

Re: Playlists getting deleted from phone

Post by toadfool »

Laptop - 4.1.24.1883 Standard edition (unregistered)
Phone - 1.3.4.0854 Wi-fi sync addon, mediamonkey pro.

Mostly my laptop is off. I'll open mediamonkey on my phone and all the playlists will disappear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from MMA (from About) when you see this deletion happening and reply here with the logID.
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

Yay it just happened - so here's the log id - DXKBKVVXHN.

MM is not running on my laptop. i opened the playlist menu on my phone to see the playlists getting deleted in front of my eyes (no other action taken in MM).

Thanks for your help!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure that GPM is not deleting Playlists, I checked today and tried simulate loss of tracks in playlists (Synced Number of playlists to SD Card and then removed SDCard and removed storage from MMA) in order to get playlist lost. Only thing I got is to end with empty playlists.

I managed to get loss of playlists by deleting MMA library files and restarting MMA where GPM scanner scanned folders again and non of y MMW synced playlist got imported.

I also tried to delete M3U files from playlist folder and that didn't affected MMW synced playlists.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

1. i don't understand what MMA, MMW, GPM or M3U means.
2. I just opened media monkey on my phone and it said it had crashed and was sending a log. It did not give me a log id.

Thanks for trying!! Very frustrated at losing my playlists again and again. ann.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I know that this can be frustrated. I am frustrated ATM as I tested on 3 more devices and could not replicate.

If you have any other phone It would be great that you record Problematic phone and upload Video where we can Download and analyze.

Please use PM to be sure that we are only that got it.
Best regards,
Peke
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
the playlists, which exists only in MMA (System database does not contain it) and does not have an m3u file (m3u file describes playlist and its content), are deleted.
I have checked your log and it looks exactly like this case.
All m3u files of playlists were stored in your main storage in the "Playlists" folder.
Can you confirm whether the folder exists and whether the folder content is empty?
Do you have an idea why the m3u files were deleted?

The logs from production release are limited, it would be great if you can become a beta tester via "Register for test builds" in About MediaMonkey dialog to get the newest beta build and I will have more info about what happened during playlist deletion.

Next time after you will have synced playlist with MMW, please check whether the playlist m3u file exists in "Playlist" folder on phone storage (it should have the same name as playlist name).

Thanks.
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

Thanks for trying to help but i am having trouble understanding what you are saying -

the playlists, which exists only in MMA *WHAT IS MMA* (System database *WHAT IS THE SYSTEM DATABASE* does not contain it) and does not have an m3u file (m3u file describes playlist and its content), are deleted *DELETED WHEN AND BY WHAT*.
I have checked your log *WHICH LOG* and it looks exactly like this case *WHICH CASE*.
All m3u files of playlists were stored in your main storage in the "Playlists" folder *WERE BUT AREN'T NOW, OR SHOULD BE? WHERE IS THE PLAYLISTS FOLDER (AND I HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING TO CHANGE THIS*.
Can you confirm whether the folder exists and whether the folder content is empty? *m3U FILES APPEAR TO BE IN INTERNAL SHARD STORAGE > PLAYLISTS > ON THE PHONE
Do you have an idea why the m3u files were deleted? *WHEN I OPEN MEDIA MONKEY THEY SOMETIMES DELETE THEMSELVES*

The logs from production release are limited, it would be great if you can become a beta tester via "Register for test builds" in About MediaMonkey dialog to get the newest beta build and I will have more info about what happened during playlist deletion. *DONE. 1st June 2019*

Next time after you will have synced playlist with MMW *WHAT IS MMW*, please check whether the playlist m3u file exists in "Playlist" folder on phone storage (it should have the same name as playlist name).

Can i be clear (there was an unfortunate typo in the subject heading) - ALL PLAYLISTS GET DELETED, NOT JUST ONE. I open the playlists in MM and they start to disappear one by one.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

MMA = Media Monkey for Android
MMW = Media Monkey for Windows
*WHICH LOG* = your sent debug log DXKBKVVXHN
*WHICH CASE* - when playlist m3u file is missing then playlist is deleted from MMA

*WERE BUT AREN'T NOW, OR SHOULD BE? WHERE IS THE PLAYLISTS FOLDER (AND I HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING TO CHANGE THIS*.
I think your "Playlists" folder is empty or does not exist, to confirm that you can use some "File browser" app like
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.explorer

Install it, launch it and browse your "Main storage" to see "Playlists" folder.

*WHEN I OPEN MEDIA MONKEY THEY SOMETIMES DELETE THEMSELVES*
this is not a cause, but a consequence of missing "m3u" files

ALL PLAYLISTS GET DELETED, NOT JUST ONE
yes, all playlists were deleted because of the same reason (missing m3u files)

Can you confirm that all tracks from playlists still exits in MMA?

To find a source of the issue. I recommend these steps.
1) Sync playlists again
2) Check whether playlists "m3u" files exist
3) Send new debug log (note LOG ID) to have an initial state of MMA database.
4) Be trailing what action or other application can cause deletion of "m3u" files.
5) When any of playlist will be deleted again, send new debug log (note LOG ID) and check "Playlist" folder on your "Main storage" on your phone.

Thanks.
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

So the playlists seem to get deleted when i do a deep clean of my phone. the next ime i open up media monkey the playlists get deleted.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You need to set exceptions for /Playlist/ Folder and/or .M3U Files.
Best regards,
Peke
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

Thanks so much! That seems to have worked!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please share what you have done and what app you use for deep scan?

It could be valuable to report to them to lower criteria for such files and/or not select them for deletion by default.
Best regards,
Peke