Can MediaMonkey find and fix errors in mp3s?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

panf

Can MediaMonkey find and fix errors in mp3s?

Post by panf »

Hi.
If this post is on the inappropriate place, please feel free to move it to the right one or send me a link if topic is already known (which I guess). I just do not know which tags I should enter the search tool in order to find the solution to my problem:
Many of my ripped cds to mp3 contain sound failures. They are short but nasty, like scratches on the old vinyl longplay records. How is this phenomenon called? Is MM able to detect and repair these itches? Or can you name me another tool to resolve this? Excuse my bad english:)
Thx to all who will help!
Lowlander

Re: Can MediaMonkey find and fix errors in mp3s?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't fix this.
panf

Post by panf »

Oh, what a pity.
Can you tell how this problem is called in english, so I can make furhter research.
thx alot
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

There's really no way to solve this if the source it came from is damaged. Once data is lost, there's no way to get it back.
panf

Post by panf »

I understand this. The source is not damaged, but I guess the pc made mistakes while ripping (performance problems in a split second?). But since I hear the mp3s while driving, I cannot take notes, but get annoyed if such damage ruins the atmosphere of a track.
The thing I would like to know, what this really short damage in mp3s is called and if there is a software that can at least identify those tracks, in order to do something about it and work on them. If a software could put in a blank for this short sequence would already help.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

For want of a better word you could call it a glitch, I’m no expert but the only programs I’ve come across that repair MP3 are designed to repair corrupt files not repair corruptions from possible bad rips.

You could open the file in audacity and use that to manually repair the section but your looking at a lot of work if you have this problem on a large amount of tracks. It would be much easier to re rip the files and use something like exact audio copy to make sure there are no errors.
panf

Post by panf »

Thank you for your help. I will look what glitch gives me. It seems to be used on numerous computer problems.
But I can sort that out, I hope.

Thx to all.

Post can be closed.